Hi from OH - IO

jdonn

Hi,

I am getting my 3rd bike, a 2015 FJ-09 in red this weekend. Other bikes I have owned are; 1991 GSX750F, and a 2007 GSXR 600. I decided that the GSXR was getting a little too uncomfortable (I'm almost 33) and it was time to move to more of an upright seating position. 

So - What do I need to upgrade, what issues do I have in store (Bike is brand new), and what should I keep in mind? 

Thanks for any and all advice and keep the shiny side up!

Thanks,
jdonn

• Premium Member
Hi, 
I am getting my 3rd bike, a 2015 FJ-09 in red this weekend. Other bikes I have owned are; 1991 GSX750F, and a 2007 GSXR 600. I decided that the GSXR was getting a little too uncomfortable (I'm almost 33) and it was time to move to more of an upright seating position. 

So - What do I need to upgrade, what issues do I have in store (Bike is brand new), and what should I keep in mind? 

Thanks for any and all advice and keep the shiny side up!

Thanks,
jdonn
The suspension is a bit harsh at first. Back off the preload front and rear a bit (or a bunch depending on your weight). Otherwise, ride it for a couple thousand miles before deciding on making changes. The engine, transmission and suspension become so much better after 2k miles of use. You'll hear negatives about the seat and windscreen, but judge for yourself and give it time.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Archived