My custom GPS mount

Ok my first post here, or anywhere

I really wanted to be able to mount my GPS in a location that I could see easily without looking down but options are limited to handlebar mounts because of the clearance between the OEM windshield and the instrument cluster. Then I updated my windshield to a National Cycle VStream sport tour and all of a sudden I had options. This is because the new mounting bracket mounts in front of the old making more room. Also the shield is curved adding more room. So I took some measurements and headed to my local hardware store to see what I could come up with.

My components:

2- 6" straight support brackets (I cut these to 5")

1- S.S. 1/4" 20 thread Allen 1" long, S.S. washers and S.S. Nylock nut

1- Ram motorcycle mount, RAM-b-252U

1- Ram short double socket arm, RAM-b-201u-a

1- Ram cradle for my GPS

XKNTflX.jpg

ttxdAhL.jpg

R8oo7Ns.jpg
5i0r1MK.jpg
i60b3PN.jpg
WVAxsgr.jpg
I want to thank all for this great forum! I've learned so much already, like how to install the second accessory outlet and Kako throttle lock and much more!

Yes, that's my husbands Triumph Tiger 800 XRT next to mine. I will do a comparison article soon, (unbiased of course!) 

I hope I did ok with this, my first post...

• Premium Member
Ok my first post here, or anywhere 
I really wanted to be able to mount my GPS in a location that I could see easily without looking down but options are limited to handlebar mounts because of the clearance between the OEM windshield and the instrument cluster. Then I updated my windshield to a National Cycle VStream sport tour and all of a sudden I had options. This is because the new mounting bracket mounts in front of the old making more room. Also the shield is curved adding more room. So I took some measurements and headed to my local hardware store to see what I could come up with.
I hope I did ok with this, my first post...

That was a great first post. Where do you hail from? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Ooooh, good job. Just where I want mine to be. Thanks a whole bunch
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived