South Carolina Riders!

From what I can tell, I was the first in the state! 
Anywho, Im in Charleston if anyone would like to stare at the same bike. 
I'll be riding in your state (briefly) on Sunday May 10.  - route: http://tinyurl.com/lfz8scg
Riding Deal's Gap the next morning. All part of a 16 day 7,000 km ride, my first trip on the FJ-09. :PMaking up routes today, because it's -25 C (-13 F) here this morning. B-|

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• 1 month later...
I've ridden all those roads many times when I lived outside of Charlotte, NC. Always loved the full length of 80.
Got tired of riding 75 miles to get to the mountains. Moved to Northern Georgia and in 15 minutes I am riding great roads.
Heads up when you're in this area. Know many that live in your area.

I've ridden all those roads many times when I lived outside of Charlotte, NC. Always loved the full length of 80. Got tired of riding 75 miles to get to the mountains. Moved to Northern Georgia and in 15 minutes I am riding great roads.
Heads up when you're in this area. Know many that live in your area.

And after that initial 15 minutes you can ride great roads for days! Great riding area.

Now looks I probably won't be down in that area in early May, but could be there in September instead. I'll definitely give a head's up on fj-09.org when I head South.

If you or anyone from fj-09.org are ever near Ottawa, you can find me via ADVrider under Trip Planning here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776925
Click on the "View in google maps" link, and zoom in to Ottawa.

Or just send me a private message on this site.  :))

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Just got my red one two days ago. I'm in Tigerville, SC. I spend most of my riding up to the Parkway and back on 178 or 276. My favorite ride is up 178 to Rosman, then state 215 up to the Parkway at Devils Courthouse. Try that route if you get over this way.
It took a long time for some manufacturer to produce the bike I really wanted, so thank you Yamaha.
Maybe we'll meet up some day. Ride safe.

Just got my red one two days ago. I'm in Tigerville, SC. I spend most of my riding up to the Parkway and back on 178 or 276. My favorite ride is up 178 to Rosman, then state 215 up to the Parkway at Devils Courthouse. Try that route if you get over this way. It took a long time for some manufacturer to produce the bike I really wanted, so thank you Yamaha.
I agree that has always been one of my favorites. The repaving really made it even better. How much of the Parkway is open? 

Just got my red one two days ago. I'm in Tigerville, SC. I spend most of my riding up to the Parkway and back on 178 or 276. My favorite ride is up 178 to Rosman, then state 215 up to the Parkway at Devils Courthouse. Try that route if you get over this way. It took a long time for some manufacturer to produce the bike I really wanted, so thank you Yamaha.
I agree that has always been one of my favorites. The repaving really made it even better. How much of the Parkway is open?
I don't know if the Parkway is open at all, probably not. I rode up to Sassafras Mountain the other day. That goes through the best part of the twisties on 178 and then the steep road up to Sassafras. Coming back you can turn off on Glady Fork road and loop back over Caesars Head on 276.  

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I just posted an intro in the new members thread.  I live outside Fountain Inn and hope to do much more exploration of the areas northwest of me.  I recently picked up a leftover 2015 in graphite and really enjoy it so far.  I had a 2007 Triumph Tiger that I sold and this bike reminds me of that bike I regretted parting with. 

Cheers!

Archived