FlashTune Quickshifter Update

We've had a number of you use the flash tune quickshifter kit, which is pretty awesome but there have been a couple random issues here and there. Well, we just received a new update from them, we loaded it in our test bike at the shop and it performs flawlessly. So if you have one that's not quite perfect, let us know and we can do a free reflash upgrade to include this in it for you.

Quick shifters typically involve a push/pull sensor attached to the shift linkage and tied in to the ECU or piggyback device. This aids in allowing clutchless upshifts and possibly downshifts too depending on the bike/system. Used to be seen predominantly on race bikes. Just like other tech, slowly makes it's way to the production bikes.

What is this Quickshifter Kit?
https://ftecu.com/shop/ftecu-replacement-quickshifter-kit/

They make a plug n play quickshifter kit that's far easier to install than others which require stand alone control boxes or pinning the ecu. Basically it allows you to shift up, or if you get the option, down as well, without disengaging the throttle, the sensor cuts the power for a few milliseconds and the bike shifts and all the while you just keep the throttle wide open :)

Quick shifters typically involve a push/pull sensor attached to the shift linkage and tied in to the ECU or piggyback device. This aids in allowing clutchless upshifts and possibly downshifts too depending on the bike/system. Used to be seen predominantly on race bikes. Just like other tech, slowly makes it's way to the production bikes.
and now that it has, it's awesome :)

Can someone who actually installed a FT quick shifter share their experience? I've read people had to apply quite a bit of pressure to upshift in lower gears and it was jerky.

Thats what the update fixed. We've had it on a few local customers bikes and a few updates to forum users too that have it working now. Hopefully they post up soon

Can someone who actually installed a FT quick shifter share their experience? I've read people had to apply quite a bit of pressure to upshift in lower gears and it was jerky.
I installed the unit on my bike. It's a very easy install and works flawlessly. Flash tune even provides the proper harness so everything is plug and play. No cutting or splicing wires. It T's into the TOS below your seat.  

Archived