Corbin Seat

Just received my Corbin seat and installed it ( so much better ). I had attempted using a Saddleman seat gel pad on the stock seat. That made the ride even worse so I ordered the Corbin seat and I think it's a great upgrade from stock. It gives me much more room so I'm not as cramped up.

I've been trying to decide on a seat upgrade myself. Decided to wait to see what the reviews of the Sargent seat will be. Which according to their website should be released in April. Where did you get a Sargent seat gel pad? Didn't know Sargent made a pad and don't see it on their website.

I know Corbin makes a quality product, but I didn't like how bulky it looks on the FJ-09. Maybe they look better in person. Comfort is more important than looks so I might end up with a Corbin depending on what kind of reviews the Sargent seat gets.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I've been trying to decide on a seat upgrade myself. Decided to wait to see what the reviews of the Sargent seat will be. Which according to their website should be released in April. Where did you get a Sargent seat gel pad? Didn't know Sargent made a pad and don't see it on their website. 
I know Corbin makes a quality product, but I didn't like how bulky it looks on the FJ-09. Maybe they look better in person. Comfort is more important than looks so I might end up with a Corbin depending on what kind of reviews the Sargent seat gets.

I ordered the Corbin seat, and think it looks ok. It's certainly not a crotch rocket seat, but if you order it without the piping I think it kinda looks semi-sporty. To make it look "smaller" I ordered mine with black leather seating, carbon vinyl sides, black stitching, no piping, and black logo. I also added the heater and backrest, which really start to make the seat quite expensive. Zero riding impressions yet, as my bike is pretty much stripped to install various farkles while my suspension is enroute to Forks by Matt.

Mark

'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

... To make it look "smaller" I ordered mine with black leather seating, carbon vinyl sides, black stitching, no piping, and black logo....

Mark

Yeah, I might go that direction too. Seats a pricey so I'm trying to have patience.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I have a Corbin seat and I love it.  Did a 450 mi day with no problems or butt ache when I got home.  The heat option is well worth it as I got into some valleys up in the Ozark mountains and the temp dropped to 38 degrees.  This is my third bike with a Corbin, (I've tried other brands and covers, but Corbin is by far the best I've used).

• 2 months later...
I've got 500 miles on a custom corbin seat. Much more comfortable! No complaints. It turns the two piece stock seats into a one piece. Did 200 miles with a passenger. They like the seat much more too. I ordered dark grey thinking it would match the dark gray of the bike, but it came in way lighter than I thought. The right color turns out to be called "asphalt". Oh well, now the bike has "character".

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I had my Corbin seat sent back to Corbin and re-foamed to make softer. Got it back from Cal. After a little over six weeks. Corbin re-foamed with a softer gel type ( don't know material?) Before after 80-100 miles I was getting uncomfortable. Now I'm not and I can only imagine that after it breaks in to my butt it will be even better. So what did I learn? Corbin does have a foam option from stock ( firm) to softer ( some kind of gel type) I wish I knew this choice before I ordered the seat. So.... If your in the market for a Corbin seat, ask about the foam choices.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
I had my Corbin seat sent back to Corbin and re-foamed to make softer. Got it back from Cal. After a little over six weeks. Corbin re-foamed with a softer gel type ( don't know material?) Before after 80-100 miles I was getting uncomfortable. Now I'm not and I can only imagine that after it breaks in to my butt it will be even better. So what did I learn? Corbin does have a foam option from stock ( firm) to softer ( some kind of gel type) I wish I knew this choice before I ordered the seat. So.... If your in the market for a Corbin seat, ask about the foam choices.
Did they charge you for the change to make it softer?

• Premium Member
No, Corbin offers a one time up to one year from time of purchase a re-foam re-do. But I did have to pay for the shipping to Corbin.

• Premium Member
No, Corbin offers a one time up to one year from time of purchase a re-foam re-do. But I did have to pay for the shipping to Corbin.
That sounds like a good deal. I may wait until winter and have mine made a bit softer.....  
Although it's still way better than the stock seat

• Premium Member
That sounds like a good deal. I may wait until winter and have mine made a bit softer.....  
Although it's still way better than the stock seat
It is way better than the stock seat but the Corbin seat for me with foam that I originally got with it was just to firm for my butt. After 80 to 100 miles I was squirming in the seat. I want a seat that at the very least I can be comfortable on a full tank of gas. When I gas up I can take a break and then head out again. The issue for me with the stock seat is that it has a hard edge on both sides of the rider seat that cut into my inner thighs. I noticed that right away when I demoed the bike out at Daytona during bikeweek so I knew right off I'd be changing the seat. I just didn't know when I ordered the seat through my dealer when I was ordering all the accessories, that Corbin does offer the softer foam option. Every butt is different and the firm choice may be just fine. Just didn't feel right for me. Either way IMHO the seat looks awesome! But.... my butt doesn't have eyes so if the softer didn't work (which thankfully it does) I would have moved on to another brand seat...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived