Corbin Seat

Sounds like the Corbin is a definite upgrade over stock for the rider, but haven't seen anyone post about passenger comfort. Anyone gotten feedback from passengers after a long ride, and what they thought compared to stock?

My wife rides occasionally with me. I upgraded to a Corbin seat at the beginning of the year. We have taken several rides through southern Indiana (we live in the Indianapolis area) this season and she no longer complains. We can do 3 to 4 hours together where we could only do maybe 1 hour together on the stock seat. I put 2900 miles on it in May riding back to Indy from San Fran and felt comfortable the whole way. I averaged 400 miles per day. I am very happy with it.

I love my Corbin... after I broke it in. At first I though the seat was way too stiff, but I liked the contouring. The passenger seat is an improvement over the stock, but, again, it doesn't get soft until it is broken in. Here is a picture of the "grey" leather, it looks completely different than how it is pictured on the website. The look has kinda grown on me. IMG_20160721_065851665_HDR-750x400.jpg

• Premium Member
As Ive posted before. I have a Corbin seat I bought with the FJ 09 new. I put 6000 miles on the bike and seat and the seat was just to stiff for me. After only 80 to 100 miles I got squirmy in the seat. So I sent the seat back to Cotbin in California for a softer re-foam. Corbin will do a one time re-foam up to one year after purchase. I just had to pick up the shipping to them charge. It took about a little over six weeks to get the seat back to me. So far a like the softer version. Every butt is different and I'm just throwing it out there that Corbin does offer a choice of foam. IMHO the seat looks great. It's a quality product and Corbin did right by me. P.S. I also bought the Corbin conditioner to keep the seat protected. Good stuff....
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Thanks for the replies, indyfjrider and cdemi. Glad to know my passengers will appreciate the upgrade as much as I will. Thanks too martyl for the tip on the softer foam. I have a Corbin on my XR650R that I love, as it has the gel cushioning and makes for a very soft ride. I might ask them about inserting gel in this one as well.

Archived