Fuse location?

cretin

• 1 year later...
I have the same symptoms. My tail light, the license plate light, the horn and running lights are not working but my directional flashers do. My bike was struck from behind and got knocked over onto the right side. The front right running light was broken as a result. Funny thing is all my fuses seem to be ok. I checked them with a pin type fuse checker tool. I disconnected the panel and separated it by disconnecting the harness at the connector but no change in symptoms. I did this because the bulb receptacle was damaged in the fall and the bulb filament broken. I thought there might be a short of some sort in the bulb receptacle conductors. Anyone have suggestions where I should look solve the problem.

I have the same symptoms. My tail light, the license plate light, the horn and running lights are not working but my directional flashers do. My bike was struck from behind and got knocked over onto the right side. The front right running light was broken as a result. Funny thing is all my fuses seem to be ok. I checked them with a pin type fuse checker tool. I disconnected the panel and separated it by disconnecting the harness at the connector but no change in symptoms. I did this because the bulb receptacle was damaged in the fall and the bulb filament broken. I thought there might be a short of some sort in the bulb receptacle conductors. Anyone have suggestions where I should look solve the problem.

There is also a fuse box under the seat, as well as at least three other stand alone fuses (all close proximity) look near battery, you will find them there, try those in addition to the ones in the right side fairing.

• 1 month later...
I'm having a similar problem. I'm putting on a aftermarket license plate holder. I conected up new turn signals and they work fine. I can't seem to get any power to the license plate light electrical wires. I've tested the light itself with another battery and it works. What's this about some additional fuses under the right fairing?

Thanks

Found the problem. The instructions on how to connect the license plates lights were totally wrong. It was blowing the the 7.5 amp fuse located under the right front cowling. Wired it up my way now everything is working normal.

• Premium Member
Glad you got it solved.

just in case anyone needs to know for future! 

There are 3 twist screws to take off the blinker fender part, two up front and one on the back, also look in behind before pulling on it to hard, it has a plastic clip/piece that can be broken if your not careful. see pic.
IMG_20160424_12551755788.jpg

Fuse boxes left and right 
IMG_20170427_133633848.jpg

IMG_20170427_133650862.jpg 

• 1 month later...

Archived