US 2016 model availability?

US members - have you seen any 2016 models at your local motorcycle dealers?  If so, what area?

I went to my preferred motorcycle dealer on Saturday to start the process of getting my own FJ-09.  However, they didn't get any 2016 models in yet and said that their local Yamaha distributor didn't have any in stock and hasn't gotten back to them regarding when the next shipment is coming in.

I checked CycleTrader and there are only two dealers in a 50 mile radius that list 2016s in stock - but they only have the Yamaha stock photos and I haven't yet called them to confirm whether those listings are accurate.

I'm guessing Yamaha probably did a smaller initial shipment for warmer states and is waiting for spring in northern states to bring in another shipment - but it's time now.

BTW I'm in southeast PA, about 40 miles outside of Philadelphia.

Dealer in Rome Georgia had two, I bought one of them.
If you go to the FJ-09 page on Yamaha's web site there is a bike locator showing all bikes in stock and what dealers based off your zip code.
Good luck!

I have found that some dealers report having a particular model in stock so they show up in searches and then you call and they say, "well we can order that for you."

I gotta confirm whether the dealers in range that say they have it actually have it.

However, if there is a new shipment coming in, I may want to wait anyway - hopefully increase chances that I'll get the revised oil sump.

I really want the silver/blue. When I'm spending so much on a toy in the first place, I'm going to get the one I want, even if it does cost me an extra grand or two. An appliance, something which is only functional, I'll settle for second choice, but not on a passion purchase. It's worth that much to me just to avoid feeling that tinge of regret every time I look at the bike.

wow, I get that you want what you want but I wouldnt trade my suspension and luggage foe a paint job on some trim pieces. I changed the color on my FZ6 after 5 years of ownership by picking up used parts cheap and getting custom paint. Just sayin'......
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I'm not giving up anything except money; I can still get all that if I want. Price is largely not a concern. I was budgeting for a Tiger 800 XRx until the FJ won me over at a demo event.

Please don't worry about my personal purchase choices.

I'm not giving up anything except money; I can still get all that if I want. Price is largely not a concern. I was budgeting for a Tiger 800 XRx until the FJ won me over at a demo event. 
Please don't worry about my personal purchase choices.
SO many lolz in that one. You are posting in a public forum, were you expecting a private conversation? The only way I would be concerned with your personal purchases is if you were using my money. If you dont like what I have to say, by all means, ignore it.  

We here try to assist each other from purchase to install of many un-needed farkles, it's pretty much why the site exists.

That being said the new colors are pretty, we are happy you are financially well off and I wish you the best with your currently hypothetical bike.  P-)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

This isn't a thread about buying advice.  Your post serves no purpose except be passive aggressively judgmental about my choice.  I just didn't want this thread crapped up with more pointless discussion on whether people think I'm dumb for buying a 2016.  It was a polite request to that end, but it's too late now I guess.

Archived