F*@K....warning

So I went for a ride and on the way home and at some point, I came to a stop and the bike was smoking. Pulled over, saw oil pouring out. YAY. Since I was close to the dealer, I figured Id go get this checked out really quick. Well, turns out some how the oil pan was hit and cracked. 

FML. 5 days, 180 miles, and now this. 

holy shit! the bike is brand new....wonder what the hell you hit? 
are repairs going to be covered?
Doubt it. Dealer is a decent guy, so hes going to see what he can do for it. But as it sits, its looking like ill be out the money for the pan and possibly an exhaust since it nuked that too.  

Guest eatpasta
well maybe he will pick up the pan and only charge you for labor or something. That's a huge bummer man - sorry to hear it. At least you noticed before the oil got low and you didnt toast the motor.  I know a guy that bought a Wrangler and the first day he had it, same thing happened and he didnt notice until after he toasted the motor....
Take pics and post em up when you get a sec. Im wondering if its a kind of Achilles Heel part of the engine case that some kind of guard can be made to protect

Guest eatpasta
looks like I might need a new exhaust a lot sooner than I planned. yay $1000 akro.....
take your stock one and make a crazy custom out of it! 

Sorry for your troubles with the cracked case. I hope it ends well. Thanks for bring it to our attention and the FZ-09 link also. I dented the bottom the front exhaust pipe on my Venture the first week I had it. It's still dented. I've always thought that all bikes should be capable of going fast down a dirt road.
Yamadog
XS650H
XVZ1200
FJ1200

Archived