New Video!!!!

Guest eatpasta

Guest eatpasta

"Imagine going to a lion and kicking him in the nuts - that's the sound this bike does"
I nearly spit water all over my workstation when he said that.  I love this guy!  Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than that other.....guy that did the commentating video.  This guy and his charming accent and ESL English are both big plusses.
    I did however keep waiting for him to say "MAXIMUM WARM CAP'N!"

Guest eatpasta
...and I just watched the "stunt guy" part at the end and holy SHEEEEEEEEEEEEET - that guy lifts the front wheel like there's a button on the handlebars, 120 mph NO GLOVES.....

• Premium Member
Great video, thanks. Sounds like a polish accent like my Nieces husband.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Thought this might as good place as any to post another new video: 

To comment on his judgment of the fuel injection, I noticed this right away when I got my bike. I almost bought a Street Triple R because I read about how absolutely perfect the fueling is, and I read about the FZ-09 where almost everyone unanimously disliked the fueling with a real apparent jerkiness and almost unsafe feeling between off and on.  
With the FJ-09, yes, you will feel the point between fuel off and fuel on, and when you're first starting to ride the bike, you might even be annoyed by it. B mode smooths it out a touch and obviously A mode makes it more pronounced. What I've found, now that I've put about 775KM's on my FJ-09, is that my throttle hand has adapted well. I barely notice it anymore. It's all about having a graceful touch. If you've ever played fighting video games and noticed one guy absolutely pounding away on the controller and one guy barely tapping, dominating the match, and looking like he could be sipping tea like an English gentleman at the same time without missing a step, you have seen the difference a hand can make between excellent fueling and jerky fueling. If you're a button masher, you're going to feel the jerkiness. If you have a graceful touch, you'll adapt and it will become perfect as you learn the throttle.

I don't mean, ride it like a sissy and you won't notice. Not at all. You can ride like a hooligan and still have a well controlled throttle hand. It's all about makin it look easy :)

My 2 cents.

Thought this might as good place as any to post another new video: 

To comment on his judgment of the fuel injection, I noticed this right away when I got my bike. I almost bought a Street Triple R because I read about how absolutely perfect the fueling is, and I read about the FZ-09 where almost everyone unanimously disliked the fueling with a real apparent jerkiness and almost unsafe feeling between off and on.  
With the FJ-09, yes, you will feel the point between fuel off and fuel on, and when you're first starting to ride the bike, you might even be annoyed by it. B mode smooths it out a touch and obviously A mode makes it more pronounced. What I've found, now that I've put about 775KM's on my FJ-09, is that my throttle hand has adapted well. I barely notice it anymore. It's all about having a graceful touch. If you've ever played fighting video games and noticed one guy absolutely pounding away on the controller and one guy barely tapping, dominating the match, and looking like he could be sipping tea like an English gentleman at the same time without missing a step, you have seen the difference a hand can make between excellent fueling and jerky fueling. If you're a button masher, you're going to feel the jerkiness. If you have a graceful touch, you'll adapt and it will become perfect as you learn the throttle.

I don't mean, ride it like a sissy and you won't notice. Not at all. You can ride like a hooligan and still have a well controlled throttle hand. It's all about makin it look easy :)

My 2 cents.

I had an MT-09 before the ECU flash was available from the dealers.  That throttle was terrible!!  I got a simple throttle tamer and it worked perfectly.  Completely changed the bike's snatchy characteristic.  I see no reason it wouldn't fit straight on the FJ-09 (Tracer) 

My 2 cents.

I had an MT-09 before the ECU flash was available from the dealers.  That throttle was terrible!!  I got a simple throttle tamer and it worked perfectly.  Completely changed the bike's snatchy characteristic.  I see no reason it wouldn't fit straight on the FJ-09 (Tracer) 
Very possible. This is such a new bike, that it will only be a matter of time before we see aftermarket improvements of every type across the entire machine. Who knows, maybe Yamaha will smooth it out even more for 2016 and make it available for 2015 owners (like they did with the FZ-09 this year). One thing to point out though, is that the fueling is not bad at all. In fact, it's quite excellent, but yes, you can feel the switch between off and on. I've obviously not ridden every EFI bike available, but even with that perceptible twitch between off and on, this bike still has to be in the top tier of EFI machines.  

Very possible. This is such a new bike, that it will only be a matter of time before we see aftermarket improvements of every type across the entire machine. Who knows, maybe Yamaha will smooth it out even more for 2016 and make it available for 2015 owners (like they did with the FZ-09 this year). One thing to point out though, is that the fueling is not bad at all. In fact, it's quite excellent, but yes, you can feel the switch between off and on. I've obviously not ridden every EFI bike available, but even with that perceptible twitch between off and on, this bike still has to be in the top tier of EFI machines.
I have the FZ-09 (5500 miles) and the FJ-09 (700 miles)  sitting in my garage.  I agree with crotchrocket on the terrible throttle on the FZ, but also say no matter how much finesse you apply to the throttle, it would be snatchy.  It goes like this, when you shut the throttle, no fuel goes to the throttle bodies so when you twist the throttle it takes a bit to get the fuel to move.  If you are trying to be smooth it will come on late and strong.  Not good for corners.  Maybe if you are in the high revs and never shut it down or are on the throttle prior to the corners because you slowed more, like 40 instead of 50, it would become no issue.  Not the way most people ride, but they surely could learn to do.  I tried everything I could think of, but never "felt good about it".  That's the key, if you don't feel good about it, its not going to work for you.  After having the ECU reflashed at Flash Tune, it was still snatchy but completely manageable and I felt comfortable on the bike riding fast in the corners, but now the suspension is more of a problem.  Now the FJ's throttle is 10 times better, and as good as the new FJR's and they are spot on.  I feel no twitch at all.  I feel even faster in the corners with the FJ, partly because it just feels better including the suspension.  I have felt a little wobble, but it is at the limits and the road has to have some issues, so may be a good idea not to ride there unless you know the road and its issues.  Others may be okay with that and maybe they will upgrade the suspension to solve that issue.  The main issue and problem with a snatchy  throttle is in the parking lot and slow speed corners there. The FJ can be ridden at -1mph smoothly and not feel like you are going to fall over because the throttle is so unpredictable.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived