Strange noise coming from engine ! FJ-09 Cam Chain

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^Right on, thanks for the info. I got a hold of the dealer yesterday and found out the bike already had 3 of the service bulletins taken care of before I bought it--the handlebar, shift shaft, and cct. So that's all good news...but I'm just a little bummed the cct seems to be acting up just 3 weeks after buying it.

All i all though, I'm stoked to have the bike and will just ride the dang thing "worry" free!

• 7 months later...
Hello guys,

My bike has a ticking noise coming from what i think is the CCT that is getting worse. The dealer says that everything is normal and the bike has no problem whatsoever... >:D

Can you help me?

Sorry for the black video but i was focused on the audio.

[video src=https://youtu.be/WUomXTUlmx4]

Sounds like valves or cam chain tensioner.. get the APE manual tensioner and enjoy a silent cam chain.

I had the TSB done on mine. It was quiet for a while, then I started getting a ticking noise very similar to what I just heard everytime I started the bike from cold. It really made me think it was low oil or something because it sounded like vavles. Changing the oil made no difference though so I got the APE tensioner. Now it is quiet.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 1 month later...
Hello guys.

After a lot of arguing with my dealer i gave up waiting and finally ordered the Ape CCT.

What a difference!!

I still hear a little noise but it's mainly because I'm on the loose side. I will tune it as i go along but right now i have 9 9.5 lines showing as you can see on the image. I think I'm pretty close to a good tuning.

How many lines are yours showing? Just for comparing because each bike is different

Thanks guys for your help.

CCT.jpg

Archived