Euro LED Turn signals?

I recently demoed a 2015 Super Tenere (the FJ is a much better ride IMO), and noticed the lights right away.  They are the clear lights that should be on the FJ, and from videos I see appear to be daytime running as well.  I can't tell what color they are running (amber or white), but they seem to be exactly what I want if plug and play.  Anyone have any idea of where to order replacements or OEM turn signals for these?  From searching, I think the 2014 may have had the same lights as well, but it is hard to determine.  The below picture may not be a US version, but I assure you the US version does have at least clear housings.  

upload_produto_32_download_2015_ste_9971.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
So I got the LED indicators with DRLs (positioning lights, as Yamaha calls them) from the dealer last Saturday. I ordered and paid for them with the bike in February! They are branded as Yamaha (The LED Flasher Plus) and are available for front and rear, with position and brake light on the rear! They don't use the standard connections since they also need a switched live for the DRLS and the rears need the stop light signal too. They come with resistors, which I fitted, and are not too difficult a DIY job.

They are bright, really bright and look excellent in day or night and really set the bike off, not to mention enhancing visibility. They fit with a nut and bolt instead of the plastic clamps of the originals and are a little fiddly, especially when you have to take the nut off first and get it past 4 insulated bullet connectors at the other end but it's not a major problem.

The install is three quarters done. The rears are on and working fine and the front left is on but I can't get the DLR function working yet as I haven't found a reliable switched 12V+ from behind the lamp control. I took off (and broke!) the small white locking clip that attaches the larger of the two plugs and isolated a 12V+ switched using the multimeter but either the clamp I used was not that good (the ones included are pretty cheap) or I got the wrong cable. Either way, I think I'll use one of the auxiliary plugs from beneath the clocks for my live - let's see how it goes.

And I also swapped out the silver colored trim for the black ones to match my all black Tracer!

• Premium Member
Sure, no problem, they were £88.59 (inc) per pair. All fitted now (it was a poor connection on the crappy crimp) and they look the business! Not an exact match on the colour temperature of the headlamp DRLs but close enough and the rear brake light function really helps improve visibility.

They do appear to be daytime running lights, yellow/amber?, 2014-on I would think.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photo-gallery/2014-yamaha-super-tenere-first-look/

14_Yamaha_SuperTenere_3.jpg

From yamaha parts:
https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog/parts/street-mcy?ls=Street&dealernumber=#/Yamaha/SUPER_TENERE_ES_-_XTZ12EFCR_-_2015/FLASHER_LIGHT

2BS-83310-10-00 FRONT FLASHER LIGHT ASSY 1
2BS-83320-10-00 FRONT FLASHER LIGHT ASSY 2
Rear signals are listed too.

It looks like you can search those part numbers and order from a few places online.

• 1 year later...

Archived