Super Tenere hand guards

• Premium Member
Does anyone have access to both a Super Tenere and a FJ09/Tracer? I liked the look of what seemed like the S10 hand guards on the French police bikes. Could someone look at them and see if the S10 hardware will fit the Tracer, and if so, are they likely to reduce the width of the bike? I can see the full kit on the microfiche at AJ Suttons, and it looks possible to fit the hand guards with the S10 hardware, but a comparison of the two side by side would confirm it please. 

• Premium Member
I would also be interested to see if that is a relatively straight swap. I liked that look...but having said that I also read that Super Tenere owners aren't that thrilled about those guards... can't make all people happy all the time I guess.
I had a S10 and did not have a problem with the OE handguards. 
I no longer have the S10 to compare but the external dimensions are similar to the KTM ones I'm using on the Tracer as I can just get the Tucano muffs over both types.

@johan - you can see the KTM ones unmasked next month in Wales as I should have the muffs removed by then...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I no longer have the S10 to compare but the external dimensions are similar to the KTM ones I'm using on the Tracer...
Good to hear...are all KTM hand guards the same?...if not, which did you fit on your Tracer and did you mod anything?
KTM part 6030217910030 as in this thread http://fj-09.org/thread/1646/fitted-any-alternative-hand-guards which has pictures 
Supplier in UK I used is out of stock but same price here: http://www.fowlers.co.uk/offroad/handguards-closed-black-6169

Easy to fit using the supplied or OE parts. I used the OE end caps. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 3 months later...

I no longer have the S10 to compare but the external dimensions are similar to the KTM ones I'm using on the Tracer as I can just get the Tucano muffs over both types.

wessie,
I want to install the Super Tenere handguards in my FJ09. Could you say with is the part number of the Super Tenere handguards kit?

many thanks

• Premium Member

wessie, I want to install the Super Tenere handguards in my FJ09. Could you say with is the part number of the Super Tenere handguards kit?

many thanks

Sorry, no idea. It was @johan that was enquiring about the S10 handguards - I'm happy with the KTM ones I refer to above

There are parts lists online and I'm sure someone will be along soon with a link

• Premium Member
wessie, Many thanks.

johan,
Have you any news about that? Have you mount S10 handguards in FJ09?
he's sold his Tracer/FJ - just checked with him as he does not come here much now, but he settled on the KTM handguards I used. He's now bought a KTM Super Duke to match the guards...

Archived