Sargent Seat for FJ-09

I'm pretty excited that Sargent will finally be added to the list of available seat options and will probably be purchasing one.  I like that it keeps the original look of the FJ/Tracer as opposed to the Corbin.  I know the Corbin is a quality product, but just looks too bulky for my taste.  I like the price of the Seat Concepts seat, but the reviews haven't convinced me to pull the trigger.  Looks aren't everything to me, but if i can get a seat the looks good and functions well, that would be ideal.

Obviously preferences on seats are very subjective, but has anyone ever owned a Sargent seat before? What were your thoughts? Reviews?

Check it out.. Target release date is April 25.. http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/World-Sport-Seat-Yamaha-FJ09/

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I'm pretty excited that Sargent will finally be added to the list of available seat options and will probably be purchasing one.  I like that it keeps the original look of the FJ/Tracer as opposed to the Corbin.  
I like the look. The rider seat looks similar to my Seat Concepts. It appears that they have redesigned the passenger seat, which Seat Concepts did not do. 

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

My guess is $400 range.. if you pre-register for an email notification they apparently will offer a discounted price. Doesn't say how much, but no obligation to buy either so.. why not

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Can't wait. Wonder how much it will be.
I would imagine it would closely mirror the two piece seat for the FJR.  $550 for both front and rear or $350 for just the front. 
http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Yamaha-FJR-1300-2003-05-No-Heat/

Damn 2 piece seats.. for my wallets sake I hope you're wrong. Unfortunately you are probably right.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
A direct dollar to pound conversion gives about £330 - I bet when the greedy importer in the UK gets their hands on one it will be over £600.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Hi. I just got the mail from Sargent and might be interested. I'm a tall guy (6'6"/1.97m), should i take this into consideration when choosing the seat (new to mc)? Will the price be the same at the UK seller? Seems like UK is the closest dealer to Norway.

So what's the real difference between normal seat and plus seat (are grip points worth having). I am going to order just the front non heated one but don't know the difference or what people prefer if that have brought there seats in the past.

Also is welt or stitching preferred for the FJ look.
I have come from cruiser bikes so this is my first Sport/Touring bike.

Thanks

@kiwicanuck

I'm having a hard deciding between the two options as well. Sargent seems to be marketing the Plus as a more rugged design. I'm definitely going to order one, but think I am going to call Sargent before doing so to see what they have to say about the differences. I will post my findings here (most likely on Monday).

Also, I've never had a seat with welts, so i would like to hear from someone who has. Are they simply for aesthetics?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

theyre making mine with grey top stitch. if they dont put a picture on the website, ill post one here. they had one with grey welt to that looked really good.
the back rest is pretty slick. very adjustable. its ready, they are trying to see if it can be made to work with the oem rack.

theyre making mine with grey top stitch. if they dont put a picture on the website, ill post one here. they had one with grey welt to that looked really good. the back rest is pretty slick. very adjustable. its ready, they are trying to see if it can be made to work with the oem rack.

Which seat did you order, World Performance or Plus?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived