Sargent Seat for FJ-09

Ordered Std 2 piece seat.

Its not a dirt bike or a track bike so I don't want a gripper seat. I Like to change body positioning easily when cornering and previous experience with their carbon FX and leather pants on other bikes say I don't need it.

Don't forget to put your coupon code in to get the $50/$30 off.

Coupon code - YFJSAVE50 FOR 2 PIECE
YFJSAVE30 FOR FRONT ONLY

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...previous experience with their carbon FX and leather pants on other bikes say I don't need it.

I'm leaning towards the standard world performance with carbon FX also. I ride in textile gear, do you think it would be too slick?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

...previous experience with their carbon FX and leather pants on other bikes say I don't need it.

I'm leaning towards the standard world performance with carbon FX also. I ride in textile gear, do you think it would be too slick?

I put many miles in textiles on my ST1300 with a Sargent carbon fx and it wasn't a problem for me.

Sargent levels the seating surface on their seats so sliding forward is not really an issue.

Under *Availability* for the UK seller it says:
This seat will be released in the USA on April 25th 2016.
It is expected we will have the first stock in the UK/Europe during the week beginning May 23rd 2016.

We will begin taking orders via this website on April 25th 2016.

They will get the seat a month after the release? That plus the shipping time to Norway :/ Doesn't seem like i can order from the US either... :(

• Premium Member
Under *Availability* for the UK seller it says: This seat will be released in the USA on April 25th 2016.
It is expected we will have the first stock in the UK/Europe during the week beginning May 23rd 2016.

We will begin taking orders via this website on April 25th 2016.

They will get the seat a month after the release? That plus the shipping time to Norway :/ Doesn't seem like i can order from the US either... :(
No, neither Corbin or Sargent will ship from the USA HQ to Europe. Both have UK distributors and the mark ups are huge. I really like the Sargent seat I had on my R-GS but bought it second hand. Have you looked at the Bagster option? Order from France. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Can anyone comment on the welts/piping... Do they serve any purpose or are they just there for looks?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Can anyone comment on the welts/piping... Do they serve any purpose or are they just there for looks?

Just for looks - I just ordered one topstitched "without welts" typically this is a more durable and easier to clean cover.

2015 FJ-09 Red
2012 1200GS - sold
2005 1200GS - sold
2005 650GS - sold

Just for looks - I just ordered one topstitched "without welts" typically this is a more durable and easier to clean cover.
I'll probably get top stitch instead of welts too, although that seems available only with the more expensive (+ $30) Plus version.
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Archived