Sargent Seat for FJ-09

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
like many I was unhappy with the stock seat. I put 9k on the stock seat and the longer I had it the better it got. Really it depended on the type of riding you were doing, at deals gap or the track the stocker was ok but on my boring commute it stinks.

I went back and forth with sargent since February and I wanted to be one of the first to order. They blew the release date they told me and then even though I was signed up I received no email. IMO poor product realease.
I just received my corbin because I was so tired of waiting and I'm happy I did.
The sargent looks more sporty aND the pan is plastic and not fiberglass but I think it's more preference. I assure you the Corbin also looks great

I got the Plus, front only, with no welt(topstitch only) 
I didn't get a bracket for the new seat. I had to transfer it over from my old seat.  I'm not real happy with that.

Sargent states on their web page the bracket needs to be transferred.

Enclosed instructions also tell you to transfer it.

I just put in an order for the front seat. I'm still satisfied with the stocker for 80% of my riding which is under 2 hours, but I was on the bike riding around Norcal for 10 hours last weekend and was in agony on the 3 hour highway blitz home.

It wasn't too bad when riding the twisties but on the highway the foam had flattened out and I was basically sitting on the seat pan. It changed my body positioning angling me forward putting my upper back and knees in pain. Hopefully the Sargent fixes that!

I ordered mine yesterday, front and back, the Plus with red welting. Like some, I don't think the stocker is THAT bad, but it's not great, and with the $50 discount, I figured it was worth the upgrade. Plus I think it upgrades the look of the bike. Looking forward to getting it!

I received my seats yesterday. Went with the front and back standard with welt. Right away they are much wider. and the height seems to be slightly shorter. I don't feel like I am falling into the tank anymore. I have not rode much but plan too this weekend.

Had a little trouble with the front seat as it doesn't like the straps from my Shad E22 tank bag but still fits in the lower position.

275187131.jpg 275187119.jpg275187121.jpg
275187120.jpg

I ordered a Plus with top stitch (no welt) 10 days ago and was told 2 - 3 weeks.
It shipped yesterday, and will be in Ogdensburg, NY on Tuesday. w00t!

I won't pick it up until Sunday May 22 when returning from a 3 day ride in the USA.
Shipping is cheaper within the lower 48, and I save the Ontario sales tax (Cdn $51) if I've been in the US over 48 hours.
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

The seam going across the width of the seat area seems like a weird design choice. I once had an office chair with seams going across the seat area and it was terrible. Can anyone comment on whether you feel that pressing into your butt on extended rides?

The seam going across the width of the seat area seems like a weird design choice. I once had an office chair with seams going across the seat area and it was terrible. Can anyone comment on whether you feel that pressing into your butt on extended rides?
My Sargent seat for my 2009 Triumph Street Triple R also has that seam. Never noticed any issues in my  40,000+ km of testing, including a few 5,000 km trips....
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
I finally had a decent ride yesterday. 120 miles with a stop half way. No discomfort whatsoever. Of course, 60 miles won't tell the story, but compared to the stocker and the Seat Concepts seat I just replaced, the Sargent is a monumental improvement.

Was really excited to receive and try out my seat today until I opened the package... I ordered and paid for the front and rear but only received the front. Of course they are closed on Saturdays so I will have to wait to contact them on Monday. I expect Sargent to make it right but was still a let down.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I took the bike out for a 250 mile ride yesterday. I think the seat was an improvement over the stock seat. The same ride a week ago left my butt pretty sore. With the Sargent, I only had some mild discomfort at the very end. That isn't bad for only being off the bike twice for gas. I think I could easily do longer days without the sharp pain that the stock seat gave me.

Well as expected from a reputable company, Sargent did not give me any issues at all and will be sending me a rear seat in the next day or two.

Meanwhile I installed the front seat, and like others have mentioned, I was suprised by how much wider it was than stock. Can't wait to see how it compares when riding.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived