New member from the Netherlands... countless sleepless nights

markvr

Okay, so I got to pick mine up last friday! What a machine! The weight difference with my Super Tenere is very noticeable (duh!) and the triple is a peach. I'm being cautious during break-in but I can feel her eagerness...

zCRj85M.jpg

5NVwppl.jpg

I also installed the mounting tabs for the Kriega soft luggage. 

tvW8feR.jpg

And the US-20 bag looks like it was made for it!

wZuWNTo.jpg

I am one happy SOB and looking forward to many km's on her!

Cheers,
Mark

Did your come with those PR-4's?
Good observation, redfjniner. I have great confidence in the wet weather characteristics of the PR-4's. And since the Netherlands is usually pretty humid, I asked the dealer to swap the D222's with these. 
Gr

Generally speaking, we have found the D222 to be pretty good here in the States on our roads. I am a PR person and have used more sets than I can count. 0, 2, 3 and 4s. I put PR-3's on the FZ because the Dunlops that came with it were sh#t. The FZ-07's came with PR-3s. We can't buy the D222's here in the States. (yet)

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I love that first pic, putting it on the front page collection! Let me know if that is a problem and I'll take it down.

Congrats!

Okay, so I got to pick mine up last friday! What a machine! The weight difference with my Super Tenere is very noticeable (duh!) and the triple is a peach. I'm being cautious during break-in but I can feel her eagerness... 
zCRj85M.jpg

5NVwppl.jpg

I also installed the mounting tabs for the Kriega soft luggage. 

tvW8feR.jpg

And the US-20 bag looks like it was made for it!

wZuWNTo.jpg

I am one happy SOB and looking forward to many km's on her!

Cheers,
Mark

• 1 year later...
Hi Andrei!

Theoretically it is pretty simple. Just loop the straps around the subframe. The issue however is the lack of space to guide the straps. I used a large tie-wrap to pull the strap through. I bent the end of the tie-wrap so that it would pass around the the subframe tube. I then taped the strap to the end of the tie wrap and pulled it back through.

Good luck!

Mark

w2h5R1l.jpg

• Premium Member
Hi Andrei! 
Theoretically it is pretty simple. Just loop the straps around the subframe. The issue however is the lack of space to guide the straps. I used a large tie-wrap to pull the strap through. I bent the end of the tie-wrap so that it would pass around the the subframe tube. I then taped the strap to the end of the tie wrap and pulled it back through.

Good luck!

Mark

w2h5R1l.jpg

Great minds...! I did something similar.

• Premium Member
Thanks markvr. The photo is upside down correct? Were you able to loop around the tubular subframe shown in the photo for the rear pair of webbing loops? I have shined a flashlight and don't see any space around the tube toward the back of the undersear area.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

Archived