Corbin Customer Service

Quoted 12 weeks with delivery to Aus. 
Almost dropped my coffee.
Have you looked into the Bagster alternative?   I'm given 5 - 6 weeks ex [em]la belle[/em] [em]France.[/em] [em]Wordsmith - '39 model - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia[/em]

I need aussie distributers that respond lol.

Have you looked into the Bagster alternative?   I'm given 5 - 6 weeks ex [em]la belle[/em] [em]France.[/em] [em]Wordsmith - '39 model - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia[/em]

I've received nothing but excellent service, advice, and communication from Geoffrey (Bonfield) at Carlisle Accessories - give him a call.   (No - he's not my brother!).   02 9820 4222... [em]W[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

David, if I could impose on you one more time, after you get a few miles in the saddle I would appreciate if you could let me know how you like it.  I was going to order earlier this week but now I want to see what folks think of the Sargent once they start hitting the bikes.  I'm pretty sure I'll still go with Corbin, I definitely prefer the way it looks along with the single piece.  Thanks
Brad
Selbyville, DE

WORST EVER!! I will NEVER do business with them again.  The product is ridiculously overpriced, weighs a ton, is hard as rocks, and the customer service is reprehensible. They sent me the wrong seat and wouldn't swap it out. Absolute scumbags. It is a mystery to me how this company has done so well. Baffling.

The Bagster sounds like a nice product.  I'm trying to keep my purchase state side (USA) just because of the time factors not to mention shipping costs.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I've received nothing but excellent service, advice, and communication from Geoffrey (Bonfield) at Carlisle Accessories - give him a call.   (No - he's not my brother!).   02 9820 4222... My Bagster seat is now in the air on its way from France, bearing - no doubt - a faint aroma of garlic and red wine, with a hint of background [em]Gauloise.[/em]  This less than three weeks after ordering.   According to the distributor should be ready to mail to me within 7 to 10 days.
[em]Wordsmith ('39 model) - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia[/em]W

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Sure, glad to provide some feedback. I'll give it a few rides over the next week or two and then let you know. My first ride on the new seat was only about 4 miles, to run a quick errand. My initial perception was that it was much more comfortable than the stock seat, but also a bit on the hard side. I won't know for sure until I have a few more rides, but I'll report back once I have a better feel.

• Premium Member
David, if I could impose on you one more time, after you get a few miles in the saddle I would appreciate if you could let me know how you like it.  I was going to order earlier this week but now I want to see what folks think of the Sargent once they start hitting the bikes.  I'm pretty sure I'll still go with Corbin, I definitely prefer the way it looks along with the single piece.  Thanks
I also have a Corbin saddle, and just did a 300 mile day a few days ago. Corbin is right up front with the saddle being firm, and requiring around 2000 miles to be properly broken in. It helps them if you give them your weight and if you need a softer saddle, others on the forum have requested that and been accommodated. The main thing I notice about it is....I don't notice it at all on a long ride. In fact, it doesn't tick on my radar at all, it's no longer a concern. I really like the looks of it, have no complaints about customer service, but then I talk politely to all customer service reps and find them most willing to help.  I'm 6'4", weigh 260 and have a 32" inseam. Reach to the ground is not an issue. I highly recommend the Corbin saddle, and, no, I have no connection to them other than being a happy customer. 

• Premium Member
Seat arrived today, Saturday April 23, 2016. I didn't get any notice from Corbin that it had shipped. I placed my order on April 1st (no joke) and got it on the 23rd. 
Installation was pretty straight forward, although it is a tight fit. I think I remembered others saying that it loosens up after a bit, but I had to push down a might hard to get it to latch. (and yes, the cables are out of the way and not being crimped)

Hope this helps,

David
Ok, I lied! 
They did send an email, but it got buried in my inbox.

And I have about 500 miles on the new seat now and I like it so far. It is not a soft seat, but it is comfortable and I don't have any of the rear end pain I had on the stock seat. I also like the way it looks, although many will say my aesthetic tastes are suspect.

Overall I am pleased with the seat, especially the seat warmer :)

Archived