Flash Tune (in Orange County, California)

maxxam

Will the reflash of the ECU change emissions performance of the bike? ... living in SoCal I have a real concerns about this. I suspect motorcycles will be required to pass emissions at some point in the near future.

A friend of mine suggested to just install a Power Commander as an alternative. The price is comparable to a reflash. So I jumped onto the Power Commander website to do some research. It looks like it is not a direct replacement for the ECU but designed to work with it? ... is this true? Will it override the speed limiter? .. if so I do see an advantage as it could just as easily be removed to restore the bike back to a stock configuration if needed ...

You can have them leave the emissions stuff turned on, but the bike will ride a lot better with it off. If that regulation somehow makes it to power then you can ship your ECU back and they can turn it back on, but I would not be worried about it.  

Will the reflash of the ECU change emissions performance of the bike? ... living in SoCal I have a real concerns about this. I suspect motorcycles will be required to pass emissions at some point in the near future.  

You can have them leave the emissions stuff turned on, but the bike will ride a lot better with it off. If that regulation somehow makes it to power then you can ship your ECU back and they can turn it back on, but I would not be worried about it.
Yeah, who cares what our kids have to breathe, or the environment they will live in? 

I stopped by the Flash Tune shop a few days ago and had my ECU flashed + I purchased the quick shift kit. Both are now installed but the bike is still down waiting for me to get the exhaust modded and then ceramic coated. Darn work keeps getting in the way! Photos coming.

I stopped by the Flash Tune shop a few days ago and had my ECU flashed + I purchased the quick shift kit. Both are now installed but the bike is still down waiting for me to get the exhaust modded and then ceramic coated. Darn work keeps getting in the way! Photos coming. 

nice, can't wait to hear about/see the results, specially if it solves the twitchy throttle issue 

• 4 weeks later...
The exhaust has been modified and is now at the coating company. I'm chomping at the bit!
Hi Maxxam, did you get to tryout your bike since the ecu flash?
Yes - all back together. I notice the cooling fan turns on sooner, the bike starts in 'A' mode (like I asked) and a fair amount of the 'over-sensitivity' in 'A' mode when rolling on the throttle from decel appears to be gone. I also installed the quick shifter and it works quite well. I can't say the flash made the bike noticeably faster although I don't recall if anyone can say they noticed a bump in power (I'd have to re-read some posts).

Hi Maxxam, did you get to tryout your bike since the ecu flash?
Yes - all back together. I notice the cooling fan turns on sooner, the bike starts in 'A' mode (like I asked) and a fair amount of the 'over-sensitivity' in 'A' mode when rolling on the throttle from decel appears to be gone. I also installed the quick shifter and it works quite well. I can't say the flash made the bike noticeably faster although I don't recall if anyone can say they noticed a bump in power (I'd have to re-read some posts).

ok thanks i find that rollons for me are a bit abrupt... specially in a mod

Archived