Another new member from UK

clivecoo

Hi All, 
I have been lurking on the site for a while so thought time to sign up.
Currently riding a 650 Kawasaki Versys Mk1 which I bought new 5 years ago. Goes really well for a 650 and have had great fun on it, done quite a few mods but have never been happy with annoying vibrations and uncomfortable seat although may be my ass as have tried reshaping the original and then a seat concepts cover and foam .
Test rode the triumph 800 triples a couple of years ago and liked the 3 pot engine.
Thinking of having a change and the Fj09 (tracer over here) seems to have come along at the right time.
Local Yam dealer is going to let me know when they get their first one which will be a demonstrator. They said should be sometime in February.
Just wondering if any  fj09 owners have moved over from a 650 versys and could give me your opinions of the differences.

Sean from Revzilla in his Youtube road test review specifically mentions that the FJ-09 ergos are similar to the Versys 650 but the FJ-09 has 100% more horsepower and 50% more torque.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdnLnCxGEtw]

Guest eatpasta
hey - welcome! It seems as if the FJ has come along at exactly the right time for lots of people.... its going to be an incredibly popular bike

Guest eatpasta
Just had call from my Yamaha dealer here in Belfast, says the MT-09 Tracers have arrived in stock..  Releasing next week to coincide with a local motorcycle show.. :)
Coincidence?? 

Looks great.
Bet it will be like taking a newborn child home from the hospital ! All smiles and careful riding.
Still waiting for email from local yam dealer to say  their demonstrator is in. Don't know what the release date is in England ?

Guest eatpasta
Looks great. Bet it will be like taking a newborn child home from the hospital ! All smiles and careful riding.

I did that last year - still dont fancy dragging it on the ground though 

Archived