Replacing clutch brake levers

santacruz

I replaced my levers a few days ago and noticed something. When grabbing the front brake, my brake light no longer engages very easily until I've ripped the lever all the way in, so I must use my rear brake now for flashing the brake light, somewhat annoying.
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

• Premium Member
I replaced my levers a few days ago and noticed something. When grabbing the front brake, my brake light no longer engages very easily until I've ripped the lever all the way in, so I must use my rear brake now for flashing the brake light, somewhat annoying.

The switch is mounted under the bracket the lever bolts to. If you look under it you could probably see why it's not being activated when you squeeze the lever.

Let’s go Brandon

I've taken the lever off a few times and reinstalled it, and while it was off looked for a way to adjust it but no luck. It even seems like when I first install it, it works great but after riding it gets harder to activate the brake light. Weird right?
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

Archived