OE rear turn signals - removal of...?

Please - how does one remove the rear two 'pumpkin' turn signals so as to replace them with LEDs?
I've got good instructions on how-to with the front ones, nothing on the rear.
I want to do this asap, so any inputs welcomed..
[em]Wordsmith[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Can't help with that, sorry. Us Europeans have someone in the factory do that for us :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

They are rubber mounted in the dong. ;)  Pull the plastic inner out of what is basically a large rubber grommet and then pull the grommet out. Follow the wires under the seat an disconnect.
[em]Dong?[/em] That means something entirely unmotorbike-like here!   Do I have to remove the upper black plastic part that's secured by four black screws?   Or anything else? Thanks for input.
[em]Wordsmith[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Can't help with that, sorry. Us Europeans have someone in the factory do that for us :)
I take it that means you have LEDFs already installed in place of pumpkins. But here, the kindly folks in the factory add hard panniers (bags)... [em]swap?[/em] [em]W[/em]

• Premium Member
I take it that means you have LEDFs already installed in place of pumpkins. But here, the kindly folks in the factory add hard panniers (bags)... [em]swap?[/em] [em]W[/em]

Clear lenses with orange light - not really paid attention to see if the light is from an LED or bulb. 
Yamaha would charge over £10k if they added luggage with the way they mark up their accessories in the UK
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

word, 
Check this parts diagram. You can see the 2 plastic stays (part number 9) that you need to remove. You may be able to get at the backside from below. If not remove the large plastic piece they are inserted in.
Diagram

Thanks a million, desertfjr.   The link provided won't open - PM sent asking if you'll kindly e-mail it to me.   I'm obliged.. [em]W[/em][em]
[/em][em]a few minutes later - the link opened after some attempts - I've printed it off and it will be very helpful.   It appears that I won't need to take off the top part of the assembly; good-oh.   Please ignore just-sent PM...[/em][em]
[/em][em]Grateful thanks - the rest of the day (it's now 4.59am) will be busy![/em][em]
[/em][em]W[/em]

Archived