The new member from Australia...

Tracerforme

Hi Folks,
just joined this bright new forum with respect to this awesome new bike.
When this machine was released in Ecima 2014, I knew straight away this would be the one!
Upright (for old bones), perky (for young blood), great looking and practical.
I just wish Yamaha Aus would update their website about releasing this new machine and at what cost. They are so slow and backwards here in Australia.
Anyway, that's my only gripe about this brand.
As far as this bike/package is concerned, it's got it all. It's got what I like and need.
I think the release date for Aus is mid year which is not too far away. It'll be winter, but I think I'll get one with heated grips as an extra.
Welcome me here, cause this is the bike to make me stay!
Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Ken!
after I joined, I just found that out except you are correct, no pricing. Are you thinking of purchasing one? Would you want the luggage as part of the package? I would have thought it should be an option?
I saw a red version at the moto expo late last year. It looks great. Will fit the bill nicely. The dealer rep I spoke to said something in the vicinity of about $15K.... packaged as is.
that makes it roughly $16.2K ride away?
Anyway, let me know how you fair.
Cheers,
Steve

Guest eatpasta
Hi Folks, just joined this bright new forum with respect to this awesome new bike.
When this machine was released in Ecima 2014, I knew straight away this would be the one!
Upright (for old bones), perky (for young blood), great looking and practical.
I just wish Yamaha Aus would update their website about releasing this new machine and at what cost. They are so slow and backwards here in Australia.
Anyway, that's my only gripe about this brand.
As far as this bike/package is concerned, it's got it all. It's got what I like and need.
I think the release date for Aus is mid year which is not too far away. It'll be winter, but I think I'll get one with heated grips as an extra.
Welcome me here, cause this is the bike to make me stay!
Cheers,
Steve
hey welcome to the site!!  Do you guys even get winter out there?  O_o 
.....hmmmm either way, buy one and post pics of your trips - we need pics from all over the world

G'day Steve and Ken
Welcome to the site.  Good to see some other Ozzies on board - at this rate we might eventually qualify for a home in the 'Regional Section', there are already three of us and the new Yammy triple won't be here until April. I reckon that the numbers will grow very quickly soon after.
Given that the naked MT-09 (FZ-09 in the USA) retails here for about $11k, maybe the new MT-09 Tracer (FZ-09 in the USA) will be about $15k on the road (or out the door) including bags.  But since our Dollar is currently goin' down the dunny, it could be more :-[.
What part of the GreatSouthernLand are you blokes in? What do ya ride and where?
As you can see I'm in the ACT and I mostly do overnighters and long weekends over the Snowys and down and around the NSW south coast and Vic.  Am on a Triumph Sprint ST ('08) and looking forward to upgrading to something more modern.
Cheers
Mick

Hey Mick
Great to hear from you. I'm living near Camden, South west sydney.
Currently riding a 2014 Street Glide, the main of my riding is two up
so I chose the Street Glide for its low centre of gravity.
Love the look of the new triple, the missus hates it, all the more reason
to buy one I say.
Had a Aprilia Caponord some time back and absolutely loved it, it had
to eventually go as I couldn't have a new house and toys.
Kids have grown up now so it's time to play
Ken

;) G'day Mick & eatpasta,
Yeah, slowly slowly we'll see more Aussies getting on board....
Why not? This bike seems like to be a main player if Yam Aus prices it right.
$15K sounds like a lot, but it's a lot of bike too. I don't need to remind you that down 'eer, we get rolled over...

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria the nanny state. Where bike rego is currently $750 pa, and there is a camera at just about every intersection all in the name of safety.......

I currently ride a Ducati 748. It's a great bike, but a back breaker and ball crusher on rides any longer than 1 hour. I can tour on it but, it's not made for touring.....

The finance minister is permitting me a replacement if I sell. Them's the breaks....
So, I figure this is the one to replace it with.... And, no more wrist & ball ache!

Cheers fellas.
Steve

Guest eatpasta
;) G'day Mick & eatpasta, Yeah, slowly slowly we'll see more Aussies getting on board....
Why not? This bike seems like to be a main player if Yam Aus prices it right.
$15K sounds like a lot, but it's a lot of bike too. I don't need to remind you that down 'eer, we get rolled over...

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria the nanny state. Where bike rego is currently $750 pa, and there is a camera at just about every intersection all in the name of safety.......

I currently ride a Ducati 748. It's a great bike, but a back breaker and ball crusher on rides any longer than 1 hour. I can tour on it but, it's not made for touring.....

The finance minister is permitting me a replacement if I sell. Them's the breaks....
So, I figure this is the one to replace it with.... And, no more wrist & ball ache!

Cheers fellas.
Steve
you have a 748!  Thats on my list of bucket list bikes for sure....I have always wanted one of those but yes I hear it's kind of a torture rack.  The comfort and speed of the FJ calls...

oh and just an fyi - if you want to do a callout to a member you can use an @ before their name so it will send them a notification.  so if I put an @ in front of your name - @Tracerforme

or at that end you can just quote what someone said.... meh they are kinda the same

good luck finding an FJ!

Guest eatpasta
oh and I forgot to mention, a coworker friend of mine is from Melbourne - Lynn Gilmartin.
She's one of the nicest people I have ever met

61f51c537c.png

Guest eatpasta
;) @eatpasta, the 748R is ready and waiting for you here! Yellow, 15K kays. Ohlins everything, Carbon aplenty.

It'll look super in your garage!

Cheers,
Steve
 DONT TEMPT ME 
:'(

someday ill have one - but i think im going to have to wait until my son is at least out of High School

as far as Lynn goes, Im not sure how long she has been state side.  But her accent is still very thick, so I would imagine that it cant have been that long.  She bounces around a lot too, back home quite often as well.
    She hasnt been effected by Hollywood too much yet so she's still, you know, nice.

and I like pasta AND burgers....

Archived