OVER SPRUNG REAR SHOCK; what to expect?

justplainbill

I made and error in my post a few posts up from here.

"Dampening curves can be considered fine tuning of the spring rate. If your spring is bit too stiff, lighten up compression dampening and reduce " -----(SHOULD BE INCREASE)------ "rebound dampening."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I would personally run a collar on both ends but I have seen others just skip it, Ex machinist so I am a bit anal when it comes to side clearances. Is it going to hurt anything to not run them? Probably not." 

I come from a family of machinists and share your aversion to sloppy fitments. Looked up "spring collars" and found them at Race Tech;  not quite what I envisioned but dirt cheap for my shock and good insurance.  Thanks.

Tried to cut down on repeating quoted material and stupid forum protocol deleted all the quote.  Computers make me crazy...

What's bb code and how do I find it to change it.

Xlxr, if you want to quote the post you're responding to, click on the "Quote" button (above the entry, on the right). When the response area opens (with the quoted text at the top), at the lower left of the screen are "Preview" and "BBCode" .  Click on BBCode and the quotation will change to HTML format. You can edit anything not enclosed in [bracket] as needed and it will be quoted when you "Create Post".  And you can Preview the post before publishing it. 

I'm guessing here (this is Cruzin's forum so he would know) but BBCode is likely a term from the olden days when what evolved into forums were called bulletin boards and BBCode is "bulletin board code".  Think of it as a kind of cave painting artifact... :D

Archived