Bluetooth For Helmets

grayhawkglen

Good to hear!  
I had mine for a couple of years until one day where I was in the pouring rain for over 8 hours. (minus lunch stop)
was not a fun day and cost me my sena.   Considering when I got home I was so wet from the rain that the shower felt dry, it was not surprising that my sena fried.

Anyway upgrade to 20S and the included speakers are even better, much faster connect to BT devices.
and love being able to remove the main unit to recharge vs having the helmet sit on my desk to charge.

wess88 purchased the new 10R, not the older SMH-10R. 
As an aside, my SMH-10 was rendered inert by rain about 2 years ago, but I was able to revive it by removing the innards from the housing and sticking them in rice. My two-up riding partner is still using it.

The 20S is way better though.
Interesting, I may try that if it works that would be great, although I have a feeling mine wont revive. 
BTW, I had the SMH-10R (the slim version)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Three of us have Cardo Paktalk systems. Simple to set up, range is very good, can do all the necessary talk/radio/mp3's/sat nav.... 5 hours of lashing rain from France into Switzerland and not one of them stopped working. Only thing I would say with all systems is make sure the speakers are in exactly the right place - took four goes to get mine right but now is so loud and clear.

• 3 weeks later...
Have had the Sena smh10 for about two weeks. Have only used it for music so far. I have it paired to two iPhones. My old phone for music and GPS and my newer iPhone just for phone calls. If I keep it tethered to my phone I can watch videos of distracted drivers while riding.
IMG_1848.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want comms with another headset or just to phone/GPS? 
Cardo do a Scala Rider Qz that is for those like me that do not wish to interact with other people when riding. I can hear satnav instructions or listen to music or the radio on my phone. If I wanted to I could make/receive phone calls, although the mic is not the best when I recorded voicemail and played it back. I don't need this function as anyone that wants to contact me will send a text message. It's a shame the mic does not unplug as I would ditch it.

I had no difficulty pairing the device to my HTC Android phone or Garmin Zumo GPS. The Qz was significantly cheaper than a their standard unit that has an intercom function.

Speaker position is crucial and I prefer to use with in ear buds.

http://cardosystems.com/portfolio-item/scala-rider-qz/
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cardo-scala-rider-qz-headset has a video
I bought mine from Amazon UK for around £75

Wait wtf... was this before brexit or some shiz? Cardo website lists it for 130 euros which is a whole lot more than 75 quid. Did the price go up or did the pound go down or did you buy a gently used one?

Archived