High Idle that Doesn't Go Away...

• Supporting Member
Quick update, took air filter box off, cleaned throttle bodies, working great so far.

Did you notice anything loose? possible air leak?  Glad its running good now for you.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
Just happened again this time at 7000 rpm probably gonna kill me.... please help!
I guess it goes without saying, but you need to sort that out before riding it anymore. A 7,000 rpm throttle hang on this bike could be really bad news.

Was the bike cold, or already fully up to temperature? Without a physical throttle cable, I would look into sensors and smooth operation - especially closing - of the throttle plates. You mentioned it originally happened after a wheelie or brisk run through the gears... that sounds like something loose or getting knocked out is correct orientation. Throttle position sensor, maybe?

Good luck. Track it down before it hurts you...

• Supporting Member
Just happened again this time at 7000 rpm probably gonna kill me.... please help!
Without a physical throttle cable, I would look into sensors and smooth operation - especially closing - of the throttle plates. 
The FJ/FZ/XSR/MT/Tracer etc. do indeed have throttle cables, they attach to a sensor which opens the throttle bodies. 

If if you are sure there are no air leaks, I would look for something sticking or binding, turn the bars side to side, check that the throttle tube opens and closes fully without sticking. Make sure isn’t dragging on the bar end. 

My throttle wasnt sticking but felt sluggish, I removed the throttle tube off the bar and found grey gunk all over the bar. I cleaned the bar and throttle tube and the throttle twists much easier now. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Without a physical throttle cable, I would look into sensors and smooth operation - especially closing - of the throttle plates. 
The FJ/FZ/XSR/MT/Tracer etc. do indeed have throttle cables, they attach to a sensor which opens the throttle bodies.  
If if you are sure there are no air leaks, I would look for something sticking or binding, turn the bars side to side, check that the throttle tube opens and closes fully without sticking. Make sure isn’t dragging on the bar end. 

My throttle wasnt sticking but felt sluggish, I removed the throttle tube off the bar and found grey gunk all over the bar. I cleaned the bar and throttle tube and the throttle twists much easier now. 
Why does it do that anyway..? I was expecting to find all the electronics in the grip, but no, cables practically down to the engine... Just so they don't have to make new parts or something?

• Supporting Member
You would think I should remember that... I stand duly corrected. Ride by mostly cable and a little bit of wire?

Then I would definitely look into something mechanical hanging up in the throttle & cable assemblies.

I've gone through all obvious stuff. Even took off the tps it rotates smoothly shows even change in resistance. Throttle cables and tube assembly are fine. When the rpm "stays up" I can click onto neutral and the rpm instantly drops to normal
If you have a bike before 2017 it might be worth checking this if you haven't already, if nothing else just to see the outputs on the diag screen: 

https://fj-09.org/thread/5045/accelerator-position-sensor-aps-adjustment