UV protection for soft luggage.

I live and ride in the Tucson,Az area. Summer is brutal. I have the Yamaha soft bags. They are great but will get eaten up by UV. Previous soft luggage lasts a few seasons pretty well but they fade quickly and get stiff. If you have used a proven fabric protector please share the brand name.
Thanks

• Premium Member
Nikwax have a couple of products that will give UV protection and add water resistance, as they aren't waterproof I understand. Marketed for tents but works on any fabric. I use the Tech Wash on my cordura riding gear to add water resistance and it works well, but needs to be redone periodically. No idea about the version with UV block. There's a ready to use trigger spray or concentrate for you to dilute yourself.
http://www.nikwax.co.uk/en-gb/productselector/waterproofing.php

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

303 Aerospace Protectant. I have been using it for years on cars, boats, bikes, tires, you name it. You need the version they make specifically designed for fabrics.

+1 For Aerospace Protectant, its amazing stuff.

• Premium Member
303 Aerospace Protectant. I have been using it for years on cars, boats, bikes, tires, you name it. You need the version they make specifically designed for fabrics.
+1 For Aerospace Protectant, its amazing stuff.
Are we talking about the 303 Aerospace Protectant or the 303 Fabric Guard? One is for fabric, and says nothing about UV protection, and the Protectant does, but fabric protection is not mentioned. 

Archived