another ~800cc triple sports-tourer

http://i.imgur.com/IewFQ4g.jpg
Only AUD$26,000 incl lovely colour-matched panniers.
Saw this today at my local dealership, which has just taken on two new brands, at far opposite ends of the spectrum - Royal Enfield and MV Agusta.   This is MV's Turismo Veloce [em]Lusso[/em] (luxury) top-spec model.   Luscious!
[em]W[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Needs 300 more cc and 60 more bhp for that price, and then I'd choose something else, anyway. No idea what. Happy enough with the Tracer for half the money.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

My riding buddy just bought one. Once we get break-in miles out of the way I'll have a review for you. Just parking them side by side you will be impressed with the fit and finish of the MV. But you should be at $19,300.00 out the door. Since my FJ was $9,756.00 I just tell him I've got about $10K to upgrade the faults and still have beer money!

Don't care for the muffler stack.
I do agree - it's about the only over-detailed bit I can see. The approach on the Tracer is far better, IMO. [em]W[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

From http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2015/2015-MV-Agusta-Turismo-Veloce-Lusso-800.htm

" Turismo Veloce Lusso whose very name suggests things that seem to have been forgotten in time. Lusso stands for an extraordinary level of accessories and technical solutions which include the innovative MVCSC system (MV Agusta Chassis Stability Control) electronic stability control through the use of semi-active suspension, less bulky saddle bags which nevertheless can carry an astounding 60 litres and the new generation MVICS 2.0 (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System) inertial platform which includes the up&down EAS 2.0 electronic gear change system as well as the Anti Wheelie System. These features have never before been offered to a Touring bike.

The standard equipment also includes an immobiliser, heated handle grips, Bluetooth connection and integrated GPS."

The article is a pretty interesting read, IMHO.

I think it is a very nice looking bike. Imagine if it was available with the engine from the F4.
I have read that a 1000cc version is in the works. FWIW... [em]W[/em]

Holy moly, that dash is a perfect study in the "Just because you can, does not mean you should" design reality.

Way, way too busy. But they did attempt to break out the data you want quick, and need quick into simple large digits, but I think some folks will find gravity sucks while they try and make out the details on this screen....

That said, I wish the FJ09 had a "Mechanical Tach" and red back light v/s the "cool" color we have now. (The FZ1 dash was better, but needed a gear indicator, and I like the easy to read and customizable blocks of data you can select on the FJ09, much better than the FJ09's side mounted dash.)

The digital tach's are annoying, at a glance they are too fussy to be simple to read nearly without looking directly at them.

I will be very happy when HUD Bluetooth is the standard for all the new helmets. (Perhaps less than 10 years? Who knows.)

For now, I'm totally happy with my 10k savings, and Yamaha FJ09. :)

Really wish the FJ also had an analog tach. My Versy 1000 has the analog tach and much, much easier to read at a quick glance.
The tach reading on the FJ is also too small, needs to me larger to really determine your RPM at a quick glance.
I wear very tight ear plugs and the engine is not very loud to me and I do have to rely on the tach for proper gear changes when I am in "excitement" mode.
The current set up is just not very good. I will take a large analog dial over an lcd type display any day.
RC

• Premium Member
I find that within a hundred miles of bike ownership I don't even need the tach. By that point I have hit redline many times and done so many gear changes I know where the bike is in its rev range. You should be able to hear and sense where the motor is and not need the tach.
Not to say I am not glad I have one, but there is no need to rely on it for anything.

With that, I'd say the bar tach works for me.

Cheers
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Really wish the FJ also had an analog tach. My Versy 1000 has the analog tach and much, much easier to read at a quick glance. The tach reading on the FJ is also too small, needs to me larger to really determine your RPM at a quick glance.
I wear very tight ear plugs and the engine is not very loud to me and I do have to rely on the tach for proper gear changes when I am in "excitement" mode.
The current set up is just not very good. I will take a large analog dial over an lcd type display any day.
RC
The rev counter on the FJ/Tracer is analogue. 

I agree a traditional dial is easier to read than the analog graphic on the LCD but a dial would look out of place on the Tracer, IMV
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Really wish the FJ also had an analog tach. My Versy 1000 has the analog tach and much, much easier to read at a quick glance. The tach reading on the FJ is also too small, needs to me larger to really determine your RPM at a quick glance.
RC
The rev counter on the FJ/Tracer is analogue.  
I agree a traditional dial is easier to read than the analog graphic on the LCD but a dial would look out of place on the Tracer, IMV
Yea I agree with the traditional dial. 
The only good digital tachometers i've seen are on the 2015+ R1.  It seems to read at a much higher/finer resolution, making it easier to follow if you're looking at it:

Archived