Sign in to follow this  
pattonme

User reviews and feedback

Those who have utilized my services or purchased items from me, please feel free to rate me. I will cop to lousy turn-around during Feb-March in particular.

If you would also like to post a review of any customization I did for your suspension items please post or link a previously written item.

Thanks so much and I appreciate the business.

I did the forks by Matt intermediate and JRI 350 pro, nothing fancy. After I installed everything and set my sag I took her out for a madien voyage of about 70 miles. All I can say is holy shet, this is going to be the cause of many speeding tickets. Biggest differences are bumps, cracks, etc mid turn don't even phase the chassis. Bike is even composed under extreme braking as I almost cooked a corner and I was able to make it through while hard on the brakes. I 100% worth the money twice over.

'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

I did the forks by Matt intermediate and JRI 350 pro, nothing fancy. After I installed everything and set my sag I took her out for a madien voyage of about 70 miles. All I can say is holy shet, this is going to be the cause of many speeding tickets. Biggest differences are bumps, cracks, etc mid turn don't even phase the chassis. Bike is even composed under extreme braking as I almost cooked a corner and I was able to make it through while hard on the brakes. I 100% worth the money twice over.

I went for the same fork upgrade and JRi double clicker, and I have to agree with you. Especially about Matt's fork work - it's a bargain for sure.

Long overdue review.

I had the "Matt intermediate fork" upgrade done by Matt ( he is local to me). At that time, I had an after market rear shock. The improvement of the front end was immediate. I am about 250 lbs, and he calibrated things nicely for me. The only thing that I later dialed in was the rebound damping.

Now I have control and confidence in the front under strong braking and it feels planted at all times. Big jolts are felt, but no more rattling the bones. Traction is a very visceral feeling communicated by the front and there is good feedback going in and mid-corner and it feels like I can still do every corner faster :P

The after-market rear shock shortly after started leaking oil and Matt recommended going with the new K-Tech < $500 one, can't remember the exact name. After installing that one, now everything feels in balance. It is a really good combo for my needs that include lots of commuting, weekend zipping around town and occasionally strapping the proverbial kitchen sink onto the carry rack.

A big thank you to Matt for the help and assistance. If not for his deals, I would have most likely spend double and probably ended up with a not so good front. It is that good of a bargain!

new K-Tech < $500 one, can't remember the exact name.
K-Tech Razor "Lite" (aka Street).

I FINALLY got my upgraded cartridges installed this afternoon. I went out for a brief ride, yet it was long enough to know that I now have a very well handling front end!!! I got the full-meal deal from Matt, revalved internals with rebound caps and compression base bolt. I installed the compression bolt on the left side for easier access should I ever need it (only need to pull the axle out about 2" to access the adjuster) I set it at 2.5 turns out. I used BelRay high performance 5w set at 170mm air chamber. I am 220# and used Sonic .95 springs. Rebound clickers were set at 4 clicks out and forks were raised 10mm in the clamps.
I have not set sag yet, spring preload is set to zero right now.

The first thing I noticed was the front felt taller, it no longer settles so far into the stroke with the weight of bike and rider. Ride quality is firm and controlled yet it absorbs small jolts very nicely, pavement cracks, bridge gaps, manhole covers, small pot holes etc. Where it really shines is in cornering, you immediately feel more confident with what the front is doing (or NOT going to do) and you can carry more corner speed, effortlessly. With the soggy stock front end, when you enter a long fast sweeper, you could feel the front end compressing, fighting the g-forces of navigating the corner, as well as the rebound pushing back and oscillating or pogo-ing. - Not any more. I rode some fast sweepers and the first word that came to mind was "controlled", it was like the bike knew where I wanted to enter and exit the corner and just did its thing while holding a line, not oscillating or wallowing. The fork upgrade was in conjunction with a Penske shock set up from Traxxion Dynamics, I couldn't be happier, the ride quality is immensely improved.

GREAT job Matt

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***