New member from southern Indiana

• Premium Member
I'd been looking for a replacement for my '01 FZ1 (bought new in '03) since last year. I loved the handling, power, and upright seating position of the first gen FZ1. The seating position on the new generation is just too aggressive (uncomfortable) for me. After lurking here for a while and reading many reviews, I decided the FJ was the way to go. I picked up a new '15 yesterday, and I absolutely love it. It produces a little less torque than the first gen FZ, but it weighs 110 lbs less wet, so it actually feels faster stock than my heavily modded FZ. I have hard bags and a belly pan on the way, and that's probably all I'll do to it. I hope to get as many years of enjoyment from this bike as I did the FZ. Thank you all for the seemingly endless and accurate information on here.

• Premium Member
Welcome from another former FZ1 owner, that used to live Indianapolis.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• 1 year later...
Where in Southern Indiana are you? I am in Louisville, Ky but in the three weeks I have had the bike each Saturday I ride up to Bloomington (imagine that, to see a girl). Love my Fj, wouldnenjoy to meet up and learn a little from someone who has had one for a while, things I should look out for and all.

• Premium Member
I'm in Tell City. We should definitely get together. There are LOTS of good roads here. One of my good friends with an R1 lives in Louisville. He's coming to ride this Saturday. If you are interested we can make plans to meet somewhere.

Kickdown is this weekend here in Louisville. I would love to ride but bring out the the Triumph for the even here in town. The FJ and I will enjoy the commute to work and will ride to Lexington this Sunday for my daughters 22nd birthday.

You guys should come down for Kickdown, food, music, bike and great people watching!

Archived