My shin...

On the ride home, I whacked my shins, got home, found my allen head sockets, pulled the rear seat, and found two stainless fender washers the right size.  
Removed the "Trident" shin killers, and put them on the shelf where my unused FZ1 and other old bike parts have gone to RIP....

Put the two fender washers on the rear, used the stock bolts to secure the rear over the plastic. and the stock two front ones, to secure the plastic parts under the seat or fill the holes? Don't remember, it's been awhile.

Threw a leg over the bike, and smiled. No more bruised or caught up pants for me.

And it looks better too.

This probably does not look better, but it's much more useful for me as I never take passengers:
GunV5lN.jpg61dfWWh.jpg
Very useful to attach my Mosko Moto Reckless waterproof ADV bag system:
lKuQlev.jpg8hcJlry.jpg
Or attaching a double ended dry bag with traditional soft saddle bags:
0Ihob1u.jpgc2v0OcP.jpgajP6Kum.jpg

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
I see nobody has mentioned the move favoured by riders of tall adventure bikes, probably due to the Germanic origin of the R-GS models. 
This involves a combination of a goosestep and a hop. Place the bike on the side stand. Stand facing the bike seat on the side stand side, with a decent gap so you can point your right leg straight ahead, parallel to the ground. Now hop towards the bike and drop your heel onto the footpeg and swivel onto the seat. An elegant move much admired by onlookers.

You can be more discreet by approaching the bike at 45 degrees rather than perpendicular.
Which side of the bike do you have to stand, and with which leg do you hop? I tried it and ended up on the bike facing backwards?

• Premium Member
I see nobody has mentioned the move favoured by riders of tall adventure bikes, probably due to the Germanic origin of the R-GS models. 
This involves a combination of a goosestep and a hop. Place the bike on the side stand. Stand facing the bike seat on the side stand side, with a decent gap so you can point your right leg straight ahead, parallel to the ground. Now hop towards the bike and drop your heel onto the footpeg and swivel onto the seat. An elegant move much admired by onlookers.

You can be more discreet by approaching the bike at 45 degrees rather than perpendicular.
Which side of the bike do you have to stand, and with which leg do you hop? I tried it and ended up on the bike facing backwards?

You are in the northern hemisphere now you buffoon. Everything rotates in the opposite direction up here.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I have a cargo box mounted on the luggage rack. I have learned to pull my knee forward so that my boot goes over the rear hand grips and not my shin. Have never banged my shin, but occasionally hit my boot on the grip.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Premium Member
I have a cargo box mounted on the luggage rack. I have learned to pull my knee forward so that my boot goes over the rear hand grips and not my shin. Have never banged my shin, but occasionally hit my boot on the grip.
What are the dimensions? Looks real nice! 

• Premium Member
What are the dimensions? Looks real nice!
My cargo box is about 39 or 40 liters. I like it because it is extremely convenient, holds a helmet, and it was so cheap ($45). It is a Garage Pro JT928 that I bought from JC Whitney. However I don't see it available anymore.

4543791.jpg  

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Archived