Assistance please. Akra titanium + Higdonion cage?

cjm0987

Will it fit? Together that is. I am looking at buying the full titanium akra exhaust since it'll retain the ability to use the center stand but if it rids me of my cage I'll be a bit upset. That or I'd make modifications to the skit plate which I would also like to avoid.

I hope someone answers as I have asked the same question now for over a week. I was told by Nels at 2wheeldynoworks that he is 99% sure the Two Brothers Exhaust works with the Higdonion Cage but not 100%. Another guy on here "foxdupeone" said he had to modify his Higdonion Cage to work with the Akrapovic Full Titanium System (seem to be somewhat major). I would go with the Two Brothers if someone could verify but no luck on that thread I posted. I talked to Kris at Higdonion and even though he was nice he was very adamant about not doing any modifications to fit aftermarket exhaust. I am still in a holding pattern. Now I may move on to looking at some different bikes as my days of major modifying bikes is behind me. Good Luck!

I tried to post a reply and idk where it went. Attempt number two. I really liked the sound and look of the akrapovic exhaust. It'd be a shame if I can't.. I tried to compare the Graves exhaust to the stock one and it looks as if they are the same curve of the headers, and same height downward but it would eliminate the center stand functionality most likely. And I like my center stand. That's why I was leaning towards the akrapovic. The skid plate has saved my butt more than once but that kinda sucks. At worst I'll just get some two holes extensions and lower the skid plate as little as possible.

• Premium Member
I hope someone answers as I have asked the same question now for over a week. I was told by Nels at 2wheeldynoworks that he is 99% sure the Two Brothers Exhaust works with the Higdonion Cage but not 100%. Another guy on here "foxdupeone" said he had to modify his Higdonion Cage to work with the Akrapovic Full Titanium System (seem to be somewhat major). I would go with the Two Brothers if someone could verify but no luck on that thread I posted. I talked to Kris at Higdonion and even though he was nice he was very adamant about not doing any modifications to fit aftermarket exhaust. I am still in a holding pattern. Now I may move on to looking at some different bikes as my days of major modifying bikes is behind me. Good Luck!
I don't think members are avoiding you, I just don't think many, if any, have that combination. Maybe think about a nice KTM? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Mine works with akra and center stand. Yes I had to rework skidplate to sit a touch lower to clear akra headers which unfortunately do not follow the stock headers space requirements and sit a bit lower but wasn't to bad to figure out a solution. I rewelded the side plates with attachment tabs and then re powder coated the skidplate but you could do different things to connect the plate at the right height. Once you have it in hand and test fit it it's easy to figure out. I have the cardboard template of the side tabs that work with akra headers. Akra is also nice because it works perfect with center stand.

5a5c6cfb0919ad7401df9e1ab7d5947e.jpg

4ee41b64f5f75b340f0e8d6985a013cd.jpg

b0a1e356b6df24845dc492fbb59a24fe.jpg

"Have you tried contacting Higdonion?"

I did and Kris is not willing to do any modifications on the Cage & Skid Plate. He is more setup for a production unit and not doing one-offs anymore.

Mine works with akra and center stand. Yes I had to rework skidplate to sit a touch lower to clear akra headers which unfortunately do not follow the stock headers space requirements and sit a bit lower but wasn't to bad to figure out a solution. I rewelded the side plates with attachment tabs and then re powder coated the skidplate but you could do different things to connect the plate at the right height. Once you have it in hand and test fit it it's easy to figure out. I have the cardboard template of the side tabs that work with akra headers. Akra is also nice because it works perfect with center stand. 
5a5c6cfb0919ad7401df9e1ab7d5947e.jpg

4ee41b64f5f75b340f0e8d6985a013cd.jpg

b0a1e356b6df24845dc492fbb59a24fe.jpg

You are a life saver.. I was about to be sad because I couldn't spend a grand on an exhaust. Insane right? But really, I was gonna be pretty depressed if it was a one or the other option because the skid plate has saved my butt quite a few times and the akra sounds beastly.. Plus no remap required. Get my bike back from the shop tomorrow. Been without it for a month after being rear ended sending me into the back of a truck in front of me. Unscathed and happy to get it back again. Cage got, exhaust coming, then onto led turn signals, the rear tail tidy of sorts, and side cases when I can figure out a good soft bag and rack set up.

I did and Kris is not willing to do any modifications on the Cage & Skid Plate. He is more setup for a production unit and not doing one-offs anymore.

This may be far fetched but maybe talk with two brothers customer support if there is such a thing and ask if you could possibly return the exhaust if it ends up not fitting?

This may be far fetched but maybe talk with two brothers customer support if there is such a thing and ask if you could possibly return the exhaust if it ends up not fitting?
I don't remember you being on the phone when I was talking with Kris and he stated he has made modifications before and they bit him in the butt and stated he wasn't going to do anymore modifications to the cages and skid plates. He also stated he doesn't recommend going any lower since the skid plate is low already. Maybe next time I need to see who else is on the phone when I am talking  ;)

Archived