Anyone have the Yamaha rear rack installation instructions?

sdb

I received my Yamaha rear rack in the mail today with no installation instructions, can anyone take a pic and post it if you have them please?  There's 8 bags of various nuts, bolts, washers, bushings and what not in the box, I can't believe it wouldn't come with installation instructions and I've had no luck finding them online.

PM me your email I called Yamaha and had them email me a PDF.
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

Piotrek pdf sent, no problem.
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r

Sdb, email sent
'05 Honda CRF450r

• 9 months later...
Hi,

I just picked up my Tracer 900 with installed rear rack. Plate that is mounted on steel rack is moving and they said it is supposed to be like that.?? I'm not sure that top case should move around on a rack even slightly... Can somebody confirm me this?

• Premium Member
Hi, 
 I just picked up my Tracer 900 with installed rear rack. Plate that is mounted on steel rack is moving and they said it is supposed to be like that.?? I'm not sure that top case should move around on a rack even slightly... Can somebody confirm me this?
I have the euro rack (which doesn't move). I've never owned a rack that had plates or other parts that moved,and wouldn't buy one that did. It sure doesn't seem "normal" to me.

Hi, 
I have the euro rack (which doesn't move). I've never owned a rack that had plates or other parts that moved,and wouldn't buy one that did. It sure doesn't seem "normal" to me.
It might be normal.  The Triumph rack for my Tiger 1050 moved. It was even called a sliding rack, where it slid side to side maybe 1/4". Supposedly it made the bike more stable at hi speed.  I replaced it with a Givi non- sliding rack. 

• Premium Member
If you have the "Yamaha" luggage rack for the FJ-09 if installed properly should not move......

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• 7 months later...
I had the same issue with my Yamaha luggage rack where top plate is moving (side to side) 
I followed the manual to the letter (pun intended) and assembled/disassembled 3 times trying to see what I did wrong.
From what I saw there is a sliding "plate" nr 12 in manual under the top plate thats moving. Not possible to tighten it more due to hollow cylindric limiter marked
with part nr 16 in the manual .

To resolve this issue I had to add additional rubber sliders to be able to tighten it properly and now its rock solid and ready for topbox

• 7 months later...

Archived