Radiator Protectors

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Evotech is not mesh but .032 perforated aluminum that is heat conditioned after forming and then powder coated. Very impact resistant with best coverage but very light weight. Cleans well with soft plastic bristle brush and Sprayway cleaner. :)

• Supporting Member
@duhs10 - You definitively want the one that is specific to the FJ-09 / Tracer. Like @piotrek, I also bought mine from Motostarz (along with a few other Evotech bits)

https://motostarz.com/collections/evotech-performance/products/evotech-performance-aluminium-radiator-guard-for-2015-2018-yamaha-fj09-mt09-tracer

It’s a nice piece... You won’t be disappointed.

• Premium Member
For those of you with the evotech, how much space is there between the back of the guard and the radiator?  Enough to slip a small hex nut between the two?  

I am thinking of a way to remount my lower LED strips on the radiator.  The ones I did (from this thread) have predictably burned out, presumably due to the heat, and in replacing them I'm thinking of some sort of diy kydex/insulated foam (has anyone worked with that stuff? radiator might be too hot) mount on a radiator guard to insulate from the heat and get a few more years out of them this time.  

• 2 weeks later...
My Evotech guard showed up... nice piece, but noticed that it's springing across the diagonal, probably because that indented logo. See how it doesn't sit flat on the table. I don't really see anything wrong with it (all edges and surfaces are straight), so guessing it will just mount to the rad and settle its shape over time. Will install this weekend sometime. 
20180417_203741.jpg

No problem, mine look the same and once in place it is perfect, good choice !!

• Premium Member
My Evotech guard showed up... nice piece, but noticed that it's springing across the diagonal, probably because that indented logo. See how it doesn't sit flat on the table. I don't really see anything wrong with it (all edges and surfaces are straight), so guessing it will just mount to the rad and settle its shape over time. Will install this weekend sometime. 
20180417_203741.jpg

Mine was the same!  Went on just fine, and I can't see any warping at all.   

Mine was the same. I even rang Evotech and they said it freeks everyone out but always installs fine.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Mine was the same. I even rang Evotech and they said it freeks everyone out but always installs fine.
Everyone?   Then they should put a note in with every one shipped to tell buyers!   Would save lot of grief.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived