PDX vs Vancouver - who will represent?

docsimple

So there had been some interest in a group ride in the Greater Portland/Vancouver area. I hereby nominate myself to put it together and conceivably lead a run. I'm open to others playing rabbit if that's the way it goes though.

I am all for Saturday June 11th but I'll put up a poll. I like this day as its after Memorial day and before July 4th so as not to screw with anyone's holiday plans. Also I lean towards a Saturday ride so it can be decently long.

Don't make me ride alone (I would still go ;) )

doc_simple

aka Jon
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just accepted a business opportunity in PDX. Will be working weekdays there and flying home on most weekends. Looking forward to meeting you guys and gals!

PS. WTF is up with rent prices in PDX all of a sudden? Holy crap. I'm probably gonna have to rent a room in a house because I refuse to shell out 1500 for rent on a little apartment.

Count me in for this ????
anyone can join. I have a couple good routes. depends on the number of people and their locations.  

2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Plan on spending the weekend June 11th. And I asked around for you. Its a tough sell with someone they dont know and so many people without a place to live here. Wait till you see where i live. Thank the FSM I bought 10 years ago, cuz i couldn't buy it now!

I just accepted a business opportunity in PDX. Will be working weekdays there and flying home on most weekends. Looking forward to meeting you guys and gals!  
PS. WTF is up with rent prices in PDX all of a sudden? Holy crap. I'm probably gonna have to rent a room in a house because I refuse to shell out 1500 for rent on a little apartment.

2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Im probably gonna stay with my bro in Salem for the first week and then check out roomate peeps in the evenings after work. It's kinda scary thinking about living with people that I don't know but it will only be for six months or so and then may purchase a condo or townhouse.

Thanks for checking around and yeah, I understand!

I'll keep asking around but you see the deal already. I have a few friends in your biz that I will hit-up this weekend.

My riding buddy is a real estate guy if you need one. He rides a V Strom and I cant convince him to sell yet, but he has FJ envy  :D

Im probably gonna stay with my bro in Salem for the first week and then check out roomate peeps in the evenings after work. It's kinda scary thinking about living with people that I don't know but it will only be for six months or so and then may purchase a condo or townhouse.  

2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
I shared a house when I moved from Wales to England with another single chap for over 2 years. We got on really well and he remains one of my best friends. Eventually he got into a relationship and after some small steps up the greasy pole I decided to commit to the area and buy a property (an inheritance helped here) so we went our separate ways. 

I also shared accommodation when I went to university at the age of 40. Sharing with 4 others in their 20s. 

I guess I have a high tolerance of others' potentially irritating peccadillos. Ear plugs are sometimes needed. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Always.

Ok, I need to change my vote to the 18th. Apparently the wife has something WAY more important going on, than a "simple joy ride". :)
I assure you, this will be more fun. I may have to do two weeks in a row :)
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived