carefull out there

• Premium Member
Yes, riding motorcycles is dangerous. But I've lost friends young for other reasons. One died of pneumonia at age 30 because he didn't go to the doctor soon enough, and one died in his sleep when a terrorist bombed his ship (USS Cole). Another friend died recently at age 40 from stomach cancer. I don't mean any of this as an excuse to act recklessly, but I'd like to enjoy every day as much as I can because we never know when it's going to end.

Yes, riding motorcycles is dangerous. But I've lost friends young for other reasons. One died of pneumonia at age 30 because he didn't go to the doctor soon enough, and one died in his sleep when a terrorist bombed his ship (USS Cole). Another friend died recently at age 40 from stomach cancer. I don't mean any of this as an excuse to act recklessly, but I'd like to enjoy every day as much as I can because we never know when it's going to end.
Agreed, I've been close enough to know that each day is one to enjoy if you can. But this brings to mind an old saying; to paraphrase - there are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are few old bold riders.

A just released report might provide a little interesting reading -

Motorcycle deaths jump nationwide but fall in California. Why? http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-motorcycle-fatalities-20160517-snap-story.html

Archived