Wobble after changing tyres!

Hello. A couple of days ago and after 5000 km odo my tyres needed a change, so i decided to replace them with DUNLOP RoadSmart 3. From the time i bought the bike i reached top speed many times without a pillion and never ever experienced speed wobble. NEVER. When i got out the tyre shop and ride the bike reached 170-180 km/h it was impossible to ride! i got shocked!
What happened? any ideas?

I checked the rear wheel and it was not the same line at the left. Left was in the second little line right was in the first big! Could be that the problem? The difference was too small. It os raining and i can not try to see the result.

get a tire alignment tool and remove that possible cause. Process of elimination. Although as statted amny bikes get the head shake at high speeds
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest dmizer
I checked the rear wheel and it was not the same line at the left.

Have you corrected this problem yet?

Just because a wobble is on the front of the bike doesn't mean the cause is on the front of the bike.

• 1 month later...
I checked the rear wheel and it was not the same line at the left.

Have you corrected the above problem yet? If your wheels are not in alignment, the result can be a wobble, especially on a bike with very tight dimensions like this one.

Also, have you talked to the shop that put the tires on your bike?

Maybe tire air pressure is too high, or too low. Raise the forks in the triple clamps a bit and see if that helps. Check steering head bearing for torque. Check all the other basic stuff for wobbles, it is entirely possible the problem is not the tires.

Archived