Rox anti-vibe risers

• Premium Member
I'm only 5'7", and have alligator arms, so bar risers are always the first mod I put on any bike. Yesterday I installed a set of Rox anti-vibration 2" risers, then took a 55 mile ride. After routing the clutch cable behind the fork instead of in front and adjusting the throttle cable, all stock cables worked. They aren't the prettiest risers I've seen especially since I could only find them in natural aluminum color. But they made my lean angle more upright, and they actually all but eliminate the vibration in the bars. Even in the horrible 4500-5500 rpm range, the buzzing went from making me cringe to me not noticing it. I'm very pleased.
Now I need to find some foot anti-vibe foot pegs.

I looked at the Rox risers as well.. decided to go with a SW Motech set. Should have them on the 19th. Do you have any pictures of yours installed?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 3 weeks later...
Any feedback - I have tried HVMP bar end weights as well with no success.

I'm a commuter and spend a lot of time in the 4 to 5K rev range. I always cover the brake lever with two fingers for safety and am unable to do that for any length of time on this bike.

I love this bike but this is not fun. I'm pretty sure it wasnt this bad without the Heated Grips. Flashing the ECU has not helped either.

As a data point an aftermarket brake lever from Mad Hornets (left over from my FZ-09) reduced the vibes a bit.

The FZ was never buzzy

I'm only 5'7", and have alligator arms, so bar risers are always the first mod I put on any bike. Yesterday I installed a set of Rox anti-vibration 2" risers, then took a 55 mile ride. After routing the clutch cable behind the fork instead of in front and adjusting the throttle cable, all stock cables worked. They aren't the prettiest risers I've seen especially since I could only find them in natural aluminum color. But they made my lean angle more upright, and they actually all but eliminate the vibration in the bars. Even in the horrible 4500-5500 rpm range, the buzzing went from making me cringe to me not noticing it. I'm very pleased. Now I need to find some foot anti-vibe foot pegs.
Try the Street Rally footpegs - I ordered them from Yamabits.co.uk. They are a perfect fit 
Do you have a part number for the RoxRisers that cured your handlebar vibration. Just typing this up is making my right wrist tingle  :)

That's a good suggestion. With the new bar end weights it's almost as wide as having saddle bags. The search begins to find a replacement bar that's narrower.

Last night I filled the bar will steel balls. Not much improvement on the ride to work today.

• Premium Member
Sorry it took me a while to get back. The part on the risers is 1R-AV2PP. I was amazed at how well they work. I actually like the stock bar, so I didn't want to replace it. I don't mind it being wide, as I have bags on mine anyway.
I bought the FZ-6 style pegs, and they knock out about half the vibration. I wish I'd seen your reply before I bought those. Those street rally pegs look like they have a LOT more rubber to them.

Thx for the part number. That'll be my next step.

Not sure if you're using genuine FZ-6 pegs. I used the FZ-6 style pegs purchased from Amazon on my FZ-09 but one of the snapped in two when I tipped the bike over while taking it off the swing arm stand and the side stand folded. It was a a slow tumble with me valiantly trying to keep it upright but they broke anyway.

The Street Rally pegs have really squishy rubber inserts that can be taken off and reduce vibes tremendously. Couldn't resist ordering the Yamaha LED turn signals to replace the pumpkins with them when I got them from Yamabits.

I'm only 5'7", and have alligator arms, so bar risers are always the first mod I put on any bike. Yesterday I installed a set of Rox anti-vibration 2" risers, then took a 55 mile ride. After routing the clutch cable behind the fork instead of in front and adjusting the throttle cable, all stock cables worked. They aren't the prettiest risers I've seen especially since I could only find them in natural aluminum color. But they made my lean angle more upright, and they actually all but eliminate the vibration in the bars. Even in the horrible 4500-5500 rpm range, the buzzing went from making me cringe to me not noticing it. I'm very pleased. Now I need to find some foot anti-vibe foot pegs.

Would be great if you could take some pics of the routed cables, thanks!

• Premium Member
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/jgalloway47586/Resized_20160608_182755.jpeg http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/jgalloway47586/Resized_20160608_182600.jpeg
The clutch cable is the only one that required re-routing. It comes stock routed over the clamp and then down between the forks. You just have to route it straight up behind the forks between the clamp and the tank. Nothing else is moved. There is enough adjustment in the throttle cable on the adjustment screw to give it the slack it needs. If you install these, MAKE SURE YOU ADJUST THE THROTTLE CABLE BEFORE RIDING. It will fit without adjusting it, but if you give it throttle with the bars turned all the way to the right, it won't release until you straighten the bars. That could be a bad day.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/jgalloway47586/Resized_20160608_182755.jpeg http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/jgalloway47586/Resized_20160608_182600.jpeg
The clutch cable is the only one that required re-routing. It comes stock routed over the clamp and then down between the forks. You just have to route it straight up behind the forks between the clamp and the tank. Nothing else is moved. There is enough adjustment in the throttle cable on the adjustment screw to give it the slack it needs. If you install these, MAKE SURE YOU ADJUST THE THROTTLE CABLE BEFORE RIDING. It will fit without adjusting it, but if you give it throttle with the bars turned all the way to the right, it won't release until you straighten the bars. That could be a bad day.

Perfect, very helpful, thanks!

maybe I'm just super cautious (read: retentive) but I replaced all the cables as I didn't like how tight they were. I was afraid the increased tension would like to failure. Tried the Roxx risers but eventually sold them and used the Pro Taper Raptor bars with Sato bar ends and grip puppies. I am still considering a smaller riser now to make it perfect.
With the clutch, throttle and brake lines replaced it became quite an expensive job though.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

you are way underestimating the cost. Clutch + throttle + brake lines= $400ish

worth it to me. Made the bike way more comfortable.

If the bike was not so cool I would think it was setup and designed for a more sporty rider than I.

The inexpensive stacked 1.5" risers are the  maximum I could get w/out any changes to the cables...and it made a big difference for me.
[url=]http://www.ebay.com/itm/BikeMaster-Silver-Handlebar-Risers-Kit-For-1-1-8-Bars-Handlebars-YC202SIL-/161031125796?hash=item257e33fb24:g:M~0AAOxyxSNRm~Ot&vxp=mtr[/url]

2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

nope, mine is a custom cable. Longer cost more. I think it ws about $100, same for the extra long throttle cables. Once you go not stock youse pays da price ;)

and they were from Motion Pro.

plus the brake lines were a full set front/back. Think those were just under 2 bills. (Galfer+ I got gold lines for a few $$ more)

edit:" I forgot I rush ordered stuff for a trip so that accounts for about $40.
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I'm in Portland buty I did not use the Rox - I sold them and installed new bars with a bigger sweep. I will add some cheap and small risers eventually.
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 3 weeks later...
Any feedback - I have tried HVMP bar end weights as well with no success. 
I'm a commuter and spend a lot of time in the 4 to 5K rev range. I always cover the brake lever with two fingers for safety and am unable to do that for any length of time on this bike.

I love this bike but this is not fun. I'm pretty sure it wasnt this bad without the Heated Grips. Flashing the ECU has not helped either.

As a data point an aftermarket brake lever from Mad Hornets (left over from my FZ-09) reduced the vibes a bit.

The FZ was never buzzy

I also had that issue with my right hand. This
https://amzn.com/B00CP9ADD8
And this helped a great deal.
https://amzn.com/B000WO8MKY
I also bought a throttle lock and now no more numbness.

Egg

2015 EffJay 09, 2014 F150 Raptor, 2004 WRX STI & 79 Ford Bronco

Archived