2016 Zumo

• Premium Member
Geared up my Zumo 350lm last night on a custom RAM mount and hard wired it. 

IMG_1212.JPG

This looks great.

2015 FJ-09 Red
2012 1200GS - sold
2005 1200GS - sold
2005 650GS - sold

• Premium Member
Love the look of this, did you connect the GPS using the spare leads in the front? and did you make the ball piece connected to your handle bar bracket? Would love to replicate this on my FJ-09.....

I used a bit of 1/8" aluminum i had sitting around that's about 3/4" wide. I had a ram ball with 10mm thread that i bolted throught the middle and mounted it to the underside of the handlebar clamps (there are threaded holes under there). I did not use the bike leads, I went straight to the battery with the Garmin harness so the unit will remain powered when the bike is shut off.

• Premium Member
I used a bit of 1/8" aluminum i had sitting around that's about 3/4" wide. I had a ram ball with 10mm thread that i bolted throught the middle and mounted it to the underside of the handlebar clamps (there are threaded holes under there). I did not use the bike leads, I went straight to the battery with the Garmin harness so the unit will remain powered when the bike is shut off.
Thanks, I have my Corbin Seat heater running to the battery, I'll have to see if I can hook it up to the leads up front. Thanks for the idea, I'll noodle on this and copy your idea!

I presume you don't use a tank bag, as I would imagine it would be difficult to see if you did.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Guest dmizer
I presume you don't use a tank bag, as I would imagine it would be difficult to see if you did. 

I have mine located in the same spot (using the OEM bracket) and use a tank bag. I have no trouble seeing it but I'm 185cm tall. With my bluetooth headset I don't really need to see it most of the time anyway though.

Archived