What gloves do you ride in?

dakota

Just got a pair of these because of the track day I signed up for requires gauntlet style gloves... Went by the size chart and got the small...that didnt work out very good, so tight I couldn't squeeze my hand...sent em back and got 2 sizes bigger with LG...ooo yea they fit like a glove!!!... They work great so far in this misty 40°F weather in Michigan...
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-sport-telluride-touring-gloves
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use some rev'it fly gloves for most of my riding. They are perforated short leather gloves. I use held warm and dry for early spring and late fall. They are thin on the palms to allow grip heaters to work, but lots of insulation on the back side.
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

• 1 month later...
I've been using these for several years, but the company appears to have gone out of business.  (Not my picture, my gloves look much more used)
DSC01079.jpg

They are getting pretty worn and I'm looking at Racer High Racer Gloves as my next pair.  I've known people with permanent mobility loss in there hands/fingers from going down with cheap gloves.  My personal philosophy on gloves is if you go down, your hands are likely the first things to hit the ground.  Could very likely get trapped under your body or bike and drug along.  Your hands also have pretty much the least amount of meat that can be lost before permanent damage occurs out of just about anywhere else.  So I believe in high quality gloves with all the latest armor technology.

Being female, I have awful trouble trying to find suitable gloves. My preferred brand for winter gloves is FIVE - WFX-WP Skins in particular. Just purchased my second pair...wore the first pair out. They are waterproof and warm as, the best pair of winter gloves I have ever owned.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

I'm on my third set of Alpinestars GP Pro gloves in the last 10 or so years.

I've always had good luck with the mid-range~high-end A*'s stuff, and they've protected me well in at least 1 crash, so I just keep replacing them when they get worn.

I agree that gloves are the worst place to go cheap. I've had Scorpion, A*, Dainese, and others. The brand doesn't seem to matter as much as the price point. Top of the line from any decent brand will be good, or step up to a higher end brand and choose your pick of the litter.

Current favorite every day gloves are Racer Grip street gloves (http://www.racerglovesusa.com/grip-glove/).

Definitely the best I've ever owned. Very comfortable with the outward facing seams, perforated leather works in 55-85F, with gauntlet and crash protection. Not cheap. After one season they still look brand new. For the price, I'm hoping to get 5-10 years out of them... guess we'll see!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Held Steves are my go-to glove. Love the feel and the rain wiper on the left index is handy. Warm-n-safe/FirstGear heated gloves extend my riding season. I have some rain gloves too (I think they are First Gear too) which have performed well as long as I get the gauntlets inside the sleeves. Water running down the sleeves into the gloves sucks!

Their quality improved since they merged with Revzilla, newer Cycle Gear gloves are actually quite good. Alot of their inhouse gear has improved alot the past couple of years. I have a pair of Sedici gloves that are among the best I have ever owned. I was surprised

Check it out for yourself here Sedici Gloves by Cycle Gear

I stocked up on all alpinestars gloves because they came highly recommended from a friend that has been riding a while, I'm glad I did I think these things are worth every penny.

Cold weather: Alpinestars SP-Z drystars These things are super warm and comfortable, and the oem heated grips still penetrate the thick leather nicely. Haven't gotten to fully test the waterproofness of them but I imagine it's just fine.

3527917_1100_sp-z_glove_web.jpg

Warmer weather while wearing klim latitude jacket : Alpinestars SP air Very comfortable and lots of airflow, I wear these on warmer days with my klim jacket because I need a gauntlet style glove while wearing it. I imagine these will be great on a warm track day as well.

3558016_10_sp_air_glove_1.jpg

And my super warm weather gloves that I wear with my sedici diego leather jacket: Alpinestars SMX 2 air carbon V2 Awesome airflow and super comfortable, only gripe with these is they are a little tough to get on but that is partially due to me going a size small so that they fit extra snug.

3567717_12_smx-2_air-carbon-v2_glove_2.jpg

'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
I spent a couple of months at the end of last year trying to find good street sport gloves and after trying all the familiar brands and models up to the $150 USD range, ended up with nothing.  Not a single pair I tried was without issue, so I decided to take a break until spring.

Well it's spring, so I went glove shopping.  However, this time I went to Cycle Gear instead of RevZilla so I could try them on.  I spent at least an hour yesterday trying on almost everything they had in store and was about ready to leave, when I saw these BiLT gloves. 

Bilt Max Speed Leather Gloves

They are comfortable, no pressure points, gauntlet fits over my jacket sleeve, fingers are all the right length, great protection short of the palm slider I wanted, but almost track gloves nonetheless.  Regularly $50, currently on sale for $30 !!!  I am stoked.  If they didn't say BiLT on them, I would think they were a premium brand at a higher price point.

I ran some errands on my FJ afterwards and the gloves were great, so comfortable I didn't even notice them.  Highly recommend!

BMW makes some great gloves in a range of materials, colours, and styles.   May need to sell your first-born, but well worth checking-out if there's a Motorrad store near you.   Or on-line if you trust sizing guides.   FWIW, all the BMW gloves I've had in the past were manufactured somewhere in Europe.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived