Which earplugs do you use?

dakota

I guess the level of noise reduction is subjective.  The actual NRR listed on the box can vary in the real world from my experience.  With the silicone plugs in, I can kind of hear my riding buddy talk if we pull off the road in a low traffic area, I can hear wind noise and vehicles approaching while riding on the highway. That's not very helpful is it?  I dont listen to music while I ride, so I have no idea how loud a Sena unit is.

Right on. I almost bought a pack of them yesterday but it was like $6 for 4 pairs, I don't mind paying a little extra if they last. So on that note do you get a bit of use out of em? I typically toss the foamies after a few days of usage and I also buy a pretty big bottle of them off amazon that lasts me a while.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
Right on. I almost bought a pack of them yesterday but it was like $6 for 4 pairs, I don't mind paying a little extra if they last. So on that note do you get a bit of use out of em? I typically toss the foamies after a few days of usage and I also buy a pretty big bottle of them off amazon that lasts me a while.

I usually get them at Walmart, like $3.78 for 6 pair.  They are a white-ish color so you can easily see when they get dirty.  I keep mine in a ear plug case when not in use.  Depending on air conditions and hand cleanliness, I might get 2 days out of a pair.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Just ordered a set of the bluetooth ones SE215 on ebay for $134 delivered. 

Got them in today and wow are these things nice. They are at least as good at blocking noise as the foam plugs but the sound quality is top notch. They are bluetooth and will pair with my phone and my gps. They have a mic so you can talk on your phone. These are the Shure SE215's. 

Archived