2017 FJ09

FZ-10 engine platform is from the R1. Therefore, an FJ-10 platform would be derived from the R1. I highly doubt that Yamaha is gonna bring an FJ-10 into the market when they now have 4 touring style bikes. FJ-07, FJ-09, FJR1300, and the Tenere.

Of course I know the engine was derived from the R1. However, I am sure my meaning was clear that the FZ-10 has a different power plant than the the existing FJ-07 and FJ-09.

So far, all the other FZ bikes have been followed in good time by an FJ. You may be right that Yamaha will not continue on with that concept, but one can hope. That strategy has been successful so far.

I don't think we will see an FJ-10 for another year. I would think Yamaha will see how sales go for the fz10 in the first year of sales first. I for one would think the fj10 would be awesome addition to current range. But the fj09 is still the best bike for me and I wouldn't be changing any time soon.

I don't think we will see an FJ-10 for another year. I would think Yamaha will see how sales go for the fz10 in the first year of sales first. I for one would think the fj10 would be awesome addition to current range. But the fj09 is still the best bike for me and I wouldn't be changing any time soon. 

It doesn't sound good for an FJ10 some of us are hoping for. 
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2016/march/no-yamaha-mt-10-tracer-planned/  

Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
If hard bag panniers and a tall windshield were available for the FZ-10 it would be awesome. I saw an all black FZ10 at Daytona speedway at the Yamaha demo area and it's just plain beautiful.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I see the new 2017 FZ is coming in Candy Red.   Do you want a Candy Red front fender?4863382.jpg

Also look at the rear mid fender with the license plate and reflectors.  Tail Tidy 2017.  Might look good on my FJ.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
I see the new 2017 FZ is coming in Candy Red.   Do you want a ... 
Also look at the rear mid fender with the license plate and reflectors.  Tail Tidy 2017.  Might look good on my FJ.

Fully active front fork that really should fit into our bikes.

From MotorcycleDaily.com:

Fully Adjustable Front Fork Using new separate-leg fork damping for independent compression, rebound and preload adjustments, the FZ-09’s inverted fork offers enhanced tuneability, from aggressive sport riding to comfortable commuting.

I see the new 2017 FZ is coming in Candy Red.   Do you want a Candy Red front fender? 
Excellent, was planning to have my front fender repainted, hopefully it's the same shade. 
SoCal
2015 FJ-09 Red of course :)

Archived