Difference between 2015 and 2016 FJ-09?

Hello. I did a quick search and could not find a definitive answer (or I suck at searching). I'm looking to purchase an FJ-09 in the near future. There is a really sweet deal on a 2015 model at a local dealer that has about 700 miles on it since it was a demo bike, but the price is really hard to beat at $8499 USD. It also comes with the optional heated grips package. The break-in services have been done already. My only concern is, what is the difference between the 2015 and 2016 models? I currently own a 2014 FZ-09 and the difference in throttle mapping between the '14 and '15 are huge so I want to make sure I get the better package overall when it comes to smoothness out of the box.

• Premium Member
Hello. I did a quick search and could not find a definitive answer (or I suck at searching). I'm looking to purchase an FJ-09 in the near future. There is a really sweet deal on a 2015 model at a local dealer that has about 700 miles on it since it was a demo bike, but the price is really hard to beat at $8499 USD. It also comes with the optional heated grips package. The break-in services have been done already. My only concern is, what is the difference between the 2015 and 2016 models? I currently own a 2014 FZ-09 and the difference in throttle mapping between the '14 and '15 are huge so I want to make sure I get the better package overall when it comes to smoothness out of the box.
If it were me, I would tear the ass out of my Levis trying to get my checkbook out....LOL....IF it is a red one that is.... 

So is there no fuel mapping differences? I hate the throttle jerkiness of the FZ-09, I hear the FJ-09 is lightyears better, but I wanna make sure I get the most up-to-date throttle mapping.

• Premium Member
So is there no fuel mapping differences? I hate the throttle jerkiness of the FZ-09, I hear the FJ-09 is lightyears better, but I wanna make sure I get the most up-to-date throttle mapping.
Even if there are differences in the fuel mapping, buy the bike and have the ECU flashed on your own. You can customize the features and get what you want out of the bike. The flash is only a few hundred $'s, much less than the savings you are getting on that bike.

I have a 2016 and I was lucky to get the revised oil sump, but I've seen other 2016s in showrooms with the old one - by itself that's definitely not a reason to get a 2016, as mentioned. My bike seems to exhibit the same fueling jerkiness at low speeds that everyone else mentions so I don't think anything changed on that front. B-mode is better and it doesn't bug me too much.

I got a 2016 because I was in love with the silver/blue color and my heart convinced my head it was worth the price difference (no regrets, I love it even more in person and the light color makes the bike stand out more).

I'd be more concerned about the demo bike being abused during it's break-in period. Many people say break-in period is BS though, I don't know who to believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived