FJ-09 dyno numbers!

I did not have time to run all three modes, but did manage to compare A mode to B.

A mode: 107whp/65wtq
B mode: 96whp/59wtq

Dyno chart in next post

I have two vids but one is on FB and not sure how to share it here and one is on my phone and could use some editing/ clipping.

Very happy with the result for a completely stock bike.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you select the the photobucket link titled "direct link", then copy it and then paste it in your post, it will display.

Or just use imgur and then drag and drop the photo from imgur into your post.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah163/PapaC2000/Mobile%20Uploads/20150131_110129_zps3c99ec48.jpg

Thanks for doing this... very interesting.  Maybe you can do STD mode some other time?  It would be great to see the 3 modes overlaid on the same graphic. 
For the current graphic, it doesn't seem to make sense below 5,000 RPM.  Is there a reason for this?

Again, thanks for the time and effort; much appreciated!

I began the run from 5000rpm. I too wouldn't mind doing a run that begins lower down, but the length of the run would increase (time on full throttle). Maybe I will do more stock runs after putting some miles on it. If a flash based software becomes available I may invest in getting it....ECUnleashed could not confirm if their package for the FZ-09 will work but I'll be watching this.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Premium Member
Good to know. I have heard from 2 different people that this bike is limited at 115mph (above 115mph, nothing happens further). Not sure if it will change after the 600 mile break in, but we shall see.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
There are vids on YouTube with higher than 115mph showing on the display. I recall one at 206kph.
Maybe it is a Cali thing or US thing. Definitely runs out of steam at 115mph. Maybe the guy with the service manual can look it up? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Link to run vid on YouTube. Cam work sux I know...but you gotta take whoever volunteers sometimes.

May put the bike on again sometime to test for a speed limiter

2015 Matte Grey

There are vids on YouTube with higher than 115mph showing on the display. I recall one at 206kph.
Maybe it is a Cali thing or US thing. Definitely runs out of steam at 115mph. Maybe the guy with the service manual can look it up?
I didn't see any mention of top speed, or electronic speed limiting, in the Canadian service manual. 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I read somewhere that the FZ was electronically limited to 132mph top speed in 5th and 6th gear.

I've seen YouTube videos of drag races with stock FZs turning 10.9s @ 122mph in the 1/4 mile.

The FJ, if not electronically limited, should top out at 140-145mph, IMHO.

Your mileage may vary.

• Premium Member
Definitely seems to be limited to 115mph, today I got up to 115 several times and it just stalled,  let off a second and plenty of power till 115 then stalls again.
How many miles on your bike? I am just under 600 miles and I think that might be the magic number.

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived