FJ-09 dyno numbers!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only have 525 miles on this bike, I hope this 115 mph max. is temporary till after 600 or 1000 miles, I guess that would be easy to do with today's electronics.
I had read somewhere that the FZ was electronically limited to 132mph.  How many times per year do you go this fast? 
I've seen stock FZs on YouTube turn sub-11-second quarter mile times with trap speeds greater than 120mph.  How often will you do this in a year?

Based on the same engine, but penalized with about a 40 pound weight differential (but with perhaps better aerodynamics), I predict the following (after break-in) for the FJ-09:

0-60mph:  3.0 seconds
1/4mile:  10.9 seconds @ 125mph
Top Speed: 145mph (132mph if electronically limited like the FZ)

Is this not fast enough?

• Premium Member
I only have 525 miles on this bike, I hope this 115 mph max. is temporary till after 600 or 1000 miles, I guess that would be easy to do with today's electronics.
I had read somewhere that the FZ was electronically limited to 132mph.  How many times per year do you go this fast? 
I've seen stock FZs on YouTube turn sub-11-second quarter mile times with trap speeds greater than 120mph.  How often will you do this in a year?

Based on the same engine, but penalized with about a 40 pound weight differential (but with perhaps better aerodynamics), I predict the following (after break-in) for the FJ-09:

Is this not fast enough?
Not the point. Sometimes we like to go fast, not often, but occasionally and a speed limiter is just a nuisance. Looks like an aftermarket ECU flash is in my future. Not everybody likes to push the limits on there bikes, and that is fine. But some of us do, and for those times........

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Is this not fast enough?
Not the point. Sometimes we like to go fast, not often, but occasionally and a speed limiter is just a nuisance. Looks like an aftermarket ECU flash is in my future. Not everybody likes to push the limits on there bikes, and that is fine. But some of us do, and for those times........

I understand that.  Almost everyone likes to go fast once in awhile.  That's why we buy bikes like these. 
But I would still ask, is there THAT much of a subjective difference in "feel" from 132mph, to say 145mph tops (even with an aftermarket ECU).

• Premium Member

But I would still ask, is there THAT much of a subjective difference in "feel" from 132mph, to say 145mph tops (even with an aftermarket ECU).
No, and that would be fine, but 115mph is not fine. I can hit 115mph on the front straight of Big Willow easily, and that is not acceptable if there is more room.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

No, and that would be fine, but 115mph is not fine. I can hit 115mph on the front straight of Big Willow easily, and that is not acceptable if there is more room.
I predict that once your bike goes past 1,000 miles that you'll be able to hit 130mph easily.  And maybe even 140mph+. 
Now, quit typing and start riding to get those 1,000 miles on the odometer!   ;)

• Premium Member
I predict that once your bike goes past 1,000 miles that you'll be able to hit 130mph easily.  And maybe even 140mph+. 
Now, quit typing and start riding to get those 1,000 miles on the odometer!   ;)
575 miles and counting. Changed the oil and filter today. No pieces or metal shavings in the oil YAY! This bike is way easy to work on. Everything is in plain sight.  
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

the once i went up to 115... would not get passed this but i then realized at the end of the ride i was in standard mode....maybe standard and a modes have different limiters, any one know of this?

in standard, i dont see it ever getting passed the 115 i was rolling, it had nothing left.

• Premium Member
the once i went up to 115... would not get passed this but i then realized at the end of the ride i was in standard mode....maybe standard and a modes have different limiters, any one know of this? 
in standard, i dont see it ever getting passed the 115 i was rolling, it had nothing left.
I was in A mode and so was Ti. Sounds like the same limiter. I will hit 600 miles next time out and will see on a closed course if it is still limited. 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived