Denali DM Install

wpgfj09

All finished. Eventually I'll be wiring a proper lighted push button switch into the left bar controls blank but the stock one will do for now. I did the install without removing the fuel tank but it would make it easier to run the wiring with the tank fully removed from the bike. I ran the harness down the left side of the bike aside from the loom that goes across just over the shock to connect the right side light and the wires for the battery. The wire for the switch and the white wire for the switched power supply I ran along the throttle cables and the switch wire exits at the front of the frame between the forks between upper and lower triple. The white wire exits out a hole in the frame further back to run along a harness that runs under the left signal cowl then up into the area behind the windscreen where there are several switched aux power connectors. Make sure you have enough slack to turn lock to lock before locking things down with zip ties/tape for the switch wire. There is just enough room to sneak the connector for the switch through behind the frame but it is tricky. I didn't try with the switch end of the loom since it was thicker and didn't want to risk damaging that end of things. Periodically take the block out from the back of the tank to check clearance and make sure nothing is getting pinched or impeding the tank from settling into position. The white wire for the switched supply will be a little short which isn't an issue for me since I would prefer black anyway so will extend it with some black wire so it blends in with the existing harnesses. I am still awaiting the service manual but thanks to those who have made posts on this forum regarding removal of panels etc. No bent tabs or broken plastics/fasteners. Lights are mounted on Givi crash bars with Denali mounting brackets.

Bike ready for the latest addition.
img][img][a href=> [img][a href=> [img][/a] IMG_2347.jpg

Switch wire
a> <a href=https://s15.postimg.cc/56mq3j0sb/IMG_2348.jpg' alt='IMG_2348.jpg'>

Switch location
[a href=[/img][/a]

Removed seat bracket to locate relay and harness underneath. Used a coarse threaded screw to lock down the relay to one of the hollow posts found under there.
[a href=[/img][/a]

Locked down to post found on the back right side of the area under the seat bracket
[a href=> [img]][img]][img]][img]][img]
Couple coats of paint and allow to dry overnight and will mount up in the morning
][img]> [img]Pin Connector added to OEM female connector
][img]> [img]

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Thanks for the post brother. I had the same lights on my old NC700X and I think they drained the battery. Thinking about plugging into the fudge 9 through the high beam instead.

I'd like to hear how they hold up over winter.

Archived