Summer North Carolina meet up, Aug 26-29

Will this be an annual trip? I am already going to be in that area this coming weekend with a group that I've made a dozen or so trips with. But I am def interested in the next one of these.
I do have to agree with what was said earlier, the group I am with frequently does 4-500 mile day trips on aggressive twisties, but when doing multiple days we try to keep mileage in 300 range, it can wear on you fast to do 400+ for multiple days, and if you have a group you don't ride with often. then it takes a day or 2 to feel all the participants out.
My group is hitting the snake, little switzerland and many other spots on saturday, maybe we will cross paths, I will be only FJ, the rest will be on supersport bikes...
Enjoy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Will this be an annual trip? I am already going to be in that area this coming weekend with a group that I've made a dozen or so trips with. But I am def interested in the next one of these. I do have to agree with what was said earlier, the group I am with frequently does 4-500 mile day trips on aggressive twisties, but when doing multiple days we try to keep mileage in 300 range, it can wear on you fast to do 400+ for multiple days, and if you have a group you don't ride with often. then it takes a day or 2 to feel all the participants out.
My group is hitting the snake, little switzerland and many other spots on saturday, maybe we will cross paths, I will be only FJ, the rest will be on supersport bikes...
Enjoy

This is just a trip that was thrown together here and somehow managed to work out even if only for a small group of riders. Hopefully we can plan something for the future or possibly a annual event as that would make it easier for people to fit into their schedule. I'll pm you my # so we can possibly meet if were in the same area on Saturday.
BLB

Hope you guys have a great time while in my back yard. Watch out for Bubba and Cooter; they have a tendency to cross the center-line in their pickup when in left-hand curves. Not because they're going too fast, but just because they're lazy.

Spend lots of money while you're here! If timing had been different I'd be joining you, but I'll be riding in OH/WV this weekend at the MSTA Mail Pouch Fly-By.

Go fast, take chances.

OK, ride safe, ride smart, ride home. Better?
Keep Asheville weird!

• Premium Member
20160827_145727_1472357671850.jpg

The story of two tracers, one from Tennessee and one from Florida meet up in North Carolina and have a wonderful time together riding on the backside where the tourist fear to go. We hung out at this place in White Rock Tenn. for about a half hour and maybe saw 2 cars go buy.
And 1moreroads grey bike actually got along pretty good with my red one.
BLB

• Premium Member
20160827_182811_1472338067297.jpg

My luxury accommodations at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp
I've never had to stay there. I stay with a friend down in the Canton/Waynesville area... But I have stopped in and I like what I saw. Nice and clean and the people running it have been very nice.... Enjoy!! 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived