Motorcyclist Magazine Review

Trey

Interesting comparison and review in the June 2016 Motorcyclist magazine.  I had the chance to read while getting the PR4's spooned on.  Looks like our FJ came out on top.  Another A+ for this all rounder.

• Premium Member
I think this is the link:
linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Jon, are you becoming a big pessimist in your old age?haha_zps37316wby.gif
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I went from the ninja to the FJ-09. At 1,500 miles and some suspension adjsutemnts my death wobble seems all but gone? To me, it appears it's the tire choice as the stock tire seems to have no real center line. On my Ninja with a PR3 up front, it nearly wobbled off the road when I put the front tire back down on the pavement at triple didget speeds. Yes I know I have bad driving habits. My modified Ninja was about 140 hp at the rear wheel and 200 plus cc advantage.
Here is what I miss from the ninja motor. Roll on power at any rpm in 4th gear on up would leave my stock FJ-09 in the dust. In 6th gear starting at 35 mph and rolled on, required no downshifting as in about 12 seconds it was shooting past 125mph. But let's be fair, 30 hp and 10 ft lbs of torque should net some difference. My ecu flashed FJ-09 really struggles to get past 125 mph, where my Ninja started to struggle past 140 mph. Not a big deal for me as I only occasionally go past 115 mph.

Here is what makes the FJ-09 a better choice for me. Upright riding position is more like the early sport bikes as my hands get less numb. An Oversized wind screen takes the buffeting off my helmet which extends my riding time. The FJ-09 launces better off the line and seems all but crazy equal to my ninja in the first 3 gears. It seems more willing and able for fast cornering. To me, the FJ-09 carries it's weight like a 600 cc bike where my Ninja was a hand full and often felt like I was wrestling a bull. For some unknown reason I have better wheelie control on the FJ vs the Ninja. When I perform a 1st through 3rd gear shift in the air wheelies, I had to abort about 40% of them on my Ninja. On my FJ-09, I nutted my 1st two gear shift in the air on the way home from the dealer. I thought it was beginners luck, but now after 1,500 miles I am well over 80% on super smooth 10 oclock wheelies. Best hooligan bike I have ever owned.
Dennis Near Chicago

Archived