• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Headaches Givi 2122DT with Puig Clipon

[span]    [/span]My AM commute is 37 miles one way south down the 405, no headaches. On the same 37 mile way home, heading north. The wind from the beach creates a head wind.  The Givi flexs at speed over 70, and vehicles turbulence don't help. Its like my head is in a mini tornado.

[span]    [/span]I do wear custom earplugs which seem to worsen the buffeting. I wore toilet paper plugs today and it was better.

Anyone else getting these effects? 4300 miles now and I'm thinking of getting a small shield, or looking for a different bike. 

Yesterday I took the old 748 out for a spin and felt no pressure like the FJ gives. Clean air vs what ever the FJ is doing...

Greg

What helmet do you wear ?
How tall are you ?
What's it like without the Puig clipon ?

I have the Givi too, and firmed up the flexing with a qr bolt: http://fj-09.org/post/41809/thread .
I tried the Givi clipon and didn't like the lump of metal in the middle, it's still not perfect.

Going to try the stock screen on the Givi mount with the Givi clipon when it gets a bit warmer here.

6'2 

Aria Quantum II

[span]    [/span]So I added back the rear spacers. It seemed better and I road without plugs this morning. Overall it helped with the spacers. I adjusted the Puig screen while ride, BOOM! The damn broke apart. So now I'm riding without. Grrrrrrr. I can't sit up straight without getting into the jet stream. Which completely defeats the purpose of getting this bike.  

[span]    I did a bit of research and can across this issue everywhere. On guy added tubes to channel some air in the low pressure zone. I might try this mod over the weekend.[/span]

Thoughts

• Premium Member
6'2  
Aria Quantum II

[span]    [/span]So I added back the rear spacers. It seemed better and I road without plugs this morning. Overall it helped with the spacers. I adjusted the Puig screen while ride, BOOM! The damn broke apart. So now I'm riding without. Grrrrrrr. I can't sit up straight without getting into the jet stream. Which completely defeats the purpose of getting this bike.  

[span]    I did a bit of research and can across this issue everywhere. On guy added tubes to channel some air in the low pressure zone. I might try this mod over the weekend.[/span]

Thoughts

22" Madstad. You can thank me later.

[span]    [/span]My AM commute is 37 miles one way south down the 405, no headaches. On the same 37 mile way home, heading north. The wind from the beach creates a head wind.  The Givi flexs at speed over 70, and vehicles turbulence don't help. Its like my head is in a mini tornado.  
[span]    [/span]I do wear custom earplugs which seem to worsen the buffeting. I wore toilet paper plugs today and it was better.

Anyone else getting these effects? 4300 miles now and I'm thinking of getting a small shield, or looking for a different bike. 

Yesterday I took the old 748 out for a spin and felt no pressure like the FJ gives. Clean air vs what ever the FJ is doing...

Greg

I ride with the OEM windshield in the high position.  Some buffeting but not too bad.  I have over 10,000 miles with it and still like it.  I am 6 ft and 195 lbs. 

Put my moded stock back on. Headaches gone... Time to get out the foam and fiberglass. Custom shield tests begin. Comparing my 748, I'm thinking of curving over and bring it toward me, over the gauges.

Archived