Multiple Destination Route Planner for Google Maps is being

Multiple Destination Route Planner for Google Maps is being added as an Android app capability, the feature is already available via desktop.

Now I just need to be able to access it via iPhone. Should work as a great GPS system along with LifeProof waterproof phone case and USB port hard-wired to spare ignition outlet.

http://www.greenbot.com/article/3089851/android/multi-waypoint-direction-feature-is-finally-coming-to-google-maps.html

Yes that is a nice feature. Another feature they added a few months ago was to search for places along your route. Makes it easier when you're roadtripping and need to stop for gas, but don't want to exit your main route.
Yeah that's a helpful feature, I'm currently using the Navigon app, that is purchased from the app store, for custom motorcycle routes, but with these updates I'm not so sure it'll get that much use anymore.

Guest dmizer
You can currently (right now) plan a route on your computer and send it to your phone. This works on iPhone as well. You can't use multiple waypoints, but you can drag the route up to 20 times.

Guest dmizer
I don't think I was clear enough in my last post. The "Add stop" feature is now active on Android, and I've used it to good success.

Open up your maps application, and select your first waypoint as a destination. Then tap the three dots on the right for the options menu and you now see a new option called "Add Stop".
dZwpDa1l.png

Then you'll get another slot to add another destination.
SZ6ySUCl.png

Now you can add another destination and the route will show on the map.
ngZ5XNVl.png

You can continue to add stops until you get have your final destination.
NLserkXl.png

You can also drag the stops around to change the order and tap the "x" next to a destination to remove it from the route, so if your route doesn't go the direction you want, you can add another stop at the end, and drag it into the correct place once you've added it. Tap "DONE" and then you can activate the route for navigation.

Somewhere along the line, my phone decided to stop communicating with GPS satellites though, and I got lost. Found the end of the road though.
3fmQginl.jpg

• Premium Member
I have an android phone and tablet, both with up to date maps and I'm still not getting the add stop option.

I'm in Florida and they move kinda slow here in the summer so could be that has something to do with it.
BLB

• Premium Member
Performed a google maps update and nothing. Typically they roll out android apps in waves, so even if you update from google play store you may or may not get latest version. No idea what logic they use to meter out the roll outs. At work we use the play store to roll out our proprietary software. We have found it to be very random, but not the several week wait for iphone apps, which is why we do not use ifruit.

Archived